We love a good playground and the one planned for Lower Huron Metropark looks incredible. Lower Huron Metropark will…
While the holiday season can be filled with a lot of joy, it can also be a time of challenges. If your family needs a little extra help, drive by The YMCA on Tuesday, December 29th or Wednesday, December 30th to receive food bundles for FREE. You do not need to register in advance for the drive-thru service.
In 2020 the YMCA distributed over 200,000 ready to eat meals at over 20 locations throughout metropolitan Detroit, serving Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. The bundles included 4 lunches or suppers + 4 snacks. All meals came with low-fat milk and prioritize fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins and whole grains. Bundles also included take home activities like recipe cards, coloring pages, STEM activities and other fun things to engage children.
All meals are grab and go and ready to eat. Families do not need register in advance or leave their vehicle to pick up food. Bundles are delivered to cars by a member of the Y team. Families may receive 1 meal bundle per child on each visit. This includes four lunches/dinners and four snacks, along with milk. Children do not need to be present. Upcoming dates for pick up are listed below.
Tuesday, December 29th:
- South Oakland Family YMCA @ 1016 W 11 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, 48367 (10am to 11am)
- Downriver Family YMCA @ 3378 E Walton Blvd, Southgate, 48326 (12pm to 1pm)
- Birmingham Family YMCA @ 400 E Lincoln St, Birmingham, 48009 (3pm to 4pm)
Wednesday, December 30th
- Farmington Family YMCA @ 28100 Farmington Rd, Farmington Hills, 48334 (10am to 11am)
- YMCA Kitchen at Peaches and Greens @ 8838 3rd Ave, Detroit, MI 48202 (12pm to 1pm)
- North Oakland Family YMCA @ 3378 E Walton Blvd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (3pm to 4pm)
Learn more about programs and services offered by The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..