Put on the sweaters and rubber boots and get ready to find the perfect apples to pick in Metro Detroit…
Looking for family fun in Ann Arbor this winter? Check out these events, parks and places to go!
Mark your calendars for these workshops, story times and shows around town.
- $5 After 5pm @ Ann Arbor Hands On Museum: Thursdays
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood LIVE! @ Michigan Theatre: Sunday, January 13
- Kinderconcerts @ Ann Arbor District Library: Friday, January 18
- Parents’ Night Out @ Leslie Science & Nature Center: Saturday, January 19
- Pop-Up Makerspace @ Ann Arbor Hands On Museum: Saturday, January 19
- Martin Luther King Jr. Family Swim @ Goldfish Swim School: Monday, January 21
- Owl’s Winter @ Wild Swan Theatre: January 24-26
- Storytime @ the University of Michigan Museum of Art: Saturday, January 26
- Family Art Studio @ University of Michigan Museum of Art: Saturday, February 2
- Nature Storytime – The Lorax @ Leslie Science & Nature Center: Wednesday, February 6
- Family Night Out @ Goldfish Swim School: Friday, February 15
- Under The African Sky @ Wild Swan Theater: February 21 – 23
- Parents’ Night Out @ Ann Arbor Hands on Museum: Saturday, February 23
- Peg + Cat Live @ Michigan Theater: Saturday, February 23
- Storytime @ the University of Michigan Museum of Art: Saturday, February 23
- Shipwrecked @ Wild Swan Theater: March 7 – 9
- Family Night Out @ Goldfish Swim School: Friday, March 15
- Music of Harry Potter @ Michigan Theater: March 16 & 17
- Jack and the Beanstalk @ Wild Swan Theater: March 20 – 23
Parks & Recreation
Get out the house and enjoy the fresh air at these local parks. Don’t forget to bring your skis and a sled for snowy fun.
- Delhi Metropark – 3902 E. Delhi, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Parker Mill County Park – 4650 Geddes Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48107
- Rolling Hills County Park – 7660 Stony Creek Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Cross-country skiing
Local Sledding Hills
Hit the Ice Rink
Strap on some skate and don’t forget your mittens as you take laps around the rink.
Get Out the House & Stay Indoors
Avoid cabin fever and let the kids burn off some extra energy at these local attractions.
- Kidopolis (Ann Arbor)
- Chelsea TreeHouse (Chelsea)
- Planet Rock (Ann Arbor)
- Play Live Nation (Ann Arbor)
- Whirly Ball (Ann Arbor)
- Zap Zone (Ann Arbor)
Visit A Museum
Learn something new and have fun at a museum.
- Ann Arbor Hands On Museum – 220 E Ann St, Ann Arbor, 48104
- Leslie Science & Nature Center – 1831 Traver Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
- University of Michigan Museum of Art – 525 South State Street, Ann Arbor 48109
- Domino’s Farms – 3001 Earhard Rd, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
- The Creature Conservancy – 4950 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Michigan Firehouse Museum (Ypsilanti) – 110 W Cross St, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..