The best thing about fall in Michigan is the changing colors of the trees. Pack up the kids (and your…
Looking for family fun in Ann Arbor this winter? Check out these events, parks and places to go!
Mark your calendars for these workshops, story times and shows around town.
- $5 After 5 @ Ann Arbor Hands On Museum: Thursdays
- MLK Day @ Ann Arbor Hands On Museum: Monday, January 20
- Great Lakes Days @ U o M Museum of Natural History: Saturday, January 25
- Family Art Studio @ U of M Museum of Art: Saturday, January 25
- Parks and Crafts @ Mack Indoor Pool, Ann Arbor: Saturday, January 25
- Little Mermaid Sing-A-Long @ Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor: Sunday, January 26
- PJ Masks Live @ EMU Convocation Center, Ypsilanti: Sunday, January 26
- Buhr Blitz Day @ Buhr Park, Ann Arbor: Saturday, February 1
- Tea & Cocoa Party @ Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Ann Arbor: Saturday, February 8
- Family Art Studio @ U of M Museum of Art: Saturday, February 8
- Ice Carving Festival @ County Farm Park, Ann Arbor: Saturday, February 8
- Hunt For The Yeti @ Rolling Hills Park, Ypsilanti: Sunday, February 9
- Under The African Sky @ Wild Swan Theater: February 20-22
- Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus The Musical @ Michigan Theater: Saturday, February 22
- Dive-In Movie Moana @ Mack Indoor Pool, Ann Arbor: Saturday, February 22
- Storytelling For Kids @ The Ark, Ann Arbor: Sunday, February 23
- Coding to the Moon On Stage @ Wild Swan Theater: March 4-7
- Baby Shark Live @ EMU Convocation Center, Ypsilanti: Friday, March 6
- Faerie Door Workshop @ Matthaei Botanical Garden, Ann Arbor: Saturday, March 14
Parks & Recreation
Get out the house and enjoy the fresh air at these local parks. Don’t forget to bring your skis and a sled for snowy fun.
- Delhi Metropark – 3902 E. Delhi, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Parker Mill County Park – 4650 Geddes Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48107
- Rolling Hills County Park – 7660 Stony Creek Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Cross-country skiing
Local Sledding Hills
Bundle up and hit the hills.
Hit the Ice Rink
Strap on some skate and don’t forget your mittens as you take laps around the rink.
Get Out the House & Stay Indoors
Avoid cabin fever and let the kids burn off some extra energy at these local attractions.
- Airtime (Ann Arbor)
- Chelsea TreeHouse (Chelsea)
- Kidopolis (Ann Arbor)
- Planet Rock (Ann Arbor)
- Play Live Nation (Ann Arbor)
- Whirly Ball (Ann Arbor)
- Zap Zone (Ann Arbor)
Visit A Museum
Learn something new and have fun at a museum.
- Ann Arbor Hands On Museum – 220 E Ann St, Ann Arbor, 48104
- The Creature Conservancy – 4950 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Domino’s Farms – 3001 Earhard Rd, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
- Leslie Science & Nature Center – 1831 Traver Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
- Michigan Firehouse Museum (Ypsilanti) – 110 W Cross St, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Museum of Natural History – 1105 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- University of Michigan Museum of Art – 525 South State Street, Ann Arbor 48109
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..