It's a new world and esports are a popular pastime for kids and adults. Join a league, plan a party…
Until last week, LittleGuide Detroit was here to help you find places to explore with your kids around the Metro Detroit area. Since we’re all staying at home these days, we wanted to share some really cool classes, events, story times and activities that your whole family can enjoy from the comfort of your own couch!
- Popular children’s authur Mo Willems (Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus ) is hosting Lunch Doodles online where he will make drawings, show off his studio and encourage participants to write and draw too.
- Draw Every Day and learn about the art of storytelling with author Jarrett J. Krosoczka (JJK).
- Kentucky art studio Make is offering free classes via Facebook live. From drawing to puff paint and watercolors the classes are design for various ages and interests.
- Born Yoga is offering Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, Buddha Baby and Mindful Movement lessons live on Zoom. Pop in for a free class.
- DownPup Yoga is going online with classes that can be accessed for free (although a donation is appreciated).
- Yoga play, Baby & Me yoga, and prenatal yoga – Nature’s Playhouse is bringing their classes to ZOOM for FREE!
Take A Field Trip
- Stop by the Michigan Science Center (online) at 2:30pm daily and watch large-scale science demonstrations.
- Introduce your littles to classical music with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s free Replay offerings online.
- Tune into the webcam to see the fish, otters, turtles and sharks at Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Check in on the animals at the San Diego Zoo – there’s the panda cam, polar bears, elephants, apes and more.
- Dress in your best and head to the Met! The Metropolitan Opera in New York will live stream performances to the public every night.
- Are you ready to go on a safari? The Cincinnati Zoo is introducing viewers to amazing animals and offering an activity you can do from home.
Do Something New
- Send your kids to Stop Motion Kids Camp (in your living room) and let them learn how to make their own stop motion film!
- Bees In The D have fun online lessons to help you learn about honey bees and their importance to our plants and planet.
- Drop in to a LEGO Engineering pop-up class to perfect your building skills.
- Pop into a princess party! From dance parties, superhero training sessions and special bedtime stories, Laurel’s Princess Parties are bringing the magic to Facebook 3x a day!
- Get up and move with Playworks. The non-profit goes live on Facebook 3x a day for #PlayAtHome Recess.
- Don’t miss music class. Motor City Music Together is bringing their classes online. Sign the whole family up for an 8 week course for only $120.
- Start your days with Karate class. PKSA Karate Novi is offering FREE morning classes on Zoom.
- Chris Pine, Kristin Bell, Mr. Feeny and Betty White! read children’s books with interactive drawings on Storyline Online.
- Watch actresses Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams are recruiting their famous friends to read children’s books on Instagram #SavewithStories in support of organization’s, Save the Children and No Kid Hungry, helping those in need during the international crisis.
- Josh Gad, better known as Olaf, is reading bedtime stories at 7:30pm each night on Twitter.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..