Venues are slowly starting to re-open. Head out the house with your family, have some fun and keep following along…
If you love the outdoors, you’ll love West Bloomfield! The suburban community is great for shopping and even better for lake side fun all year long.
Mark your calendar! TreeRunner Adventure Park’s opening weekend is April 24th! Enter to win 4 Arieal Forest tickets for the 2020 season and take your family fun to a new level!
Things To Do
TreeRunner West Bloomfield Adventure Park is an aerial adventure park with over 210 obstacles and zip-lines. There are a 14 different trails ranging in a variety of difficulties. Even featuring a junior park for ages 4-7
From food truck rally fundraisers to dance parties at KidsKomotion and family-friendly concerts during Marshbank Music 2.0 in the summer to sledding and snow shoeing in the winter, there’s always something fun to do at a West Bloomfield Parks!
For three generations the Goldberg family has been serving delectable sandwiches, soups and more to families across metro Detroit. Enjoy a nice meal on the patio or pick up food to go at the carryout counter.
Summer on the Bank // Summer on the Bank is a summer festival with water inflatables, pony rides, live music, water sports, food trucks and more! Take your family and friends with you and enjoy a day in the sun. (June)
Oarchard Lake Fine Arts Show // This widely acclaimed event allows you to surround yourself with beautiful works of art. Up to 150 artists showcase their handmade artwork. Kids can make and take their own artwork too. (July)
Trick or Treat Trails // Get dressed up and trick or treat on a safe and friendly 1/2 mile paved trail. Collect goodies from costumed characters, local businesses and organizations. (October)
Main Public Library – Main // 4600 Walnut Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
Public Library – Westacres Branch // 7321 Commerce Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48324
Parks + Pool
- Bloomer Park //7581 Richardson Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- Nature trail, basketball court, shoreline fishing, picnic area and pavilion, ADA compliant playground.
- Drake Sports Park //6801 Drake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48322
- Paved walking path, tennis and pickleball courts, skate park, softball and soccer fields, picnic area and pavilion, and ADA compliant playground.
- Marshbank Park // 2805 Hiller Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48324
- Paved walking path, ballfields, soccer field, sand volleyball courts, sledding hill, picnic area and pavilion, fishing pier, canoe/kayak launch and rental, universally accessible playgrounds.
- Recreation Activities Center //4640 Walnut Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- Nature trails, ponds, cross country skiing, sledding, snow shoe rental, and Nature Center.
- West Bloomfield Woods Nature Preserve // 4655 Arrowhead Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- Wetlands with overlook, nature trails and picnic area.
- Jewish Community Center of Metro Detroit Indoor & Outdoor Pool // 6600 W. Maple Rd.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
- Three heated pools: a 25-yard, eight lane indoor pool; a 25-meter, six lane outdoor pool; and a separate indoor children’s pool.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..