We have been spending a lot of time with our partners lately but have really missed quality time. Whether you…
Things To Do
Hess-Hathaway is more than a park it’s a farm with lots of family fun. Let the kids run around the barn inspired playground before visiting the historic barn and farm animals. There are special events throughout the year and regularly hosted hayrides.
The Waterford Historic Village is located at Fish Hatchery Park along the Clinton River. There are 15 historical building to tour from a play house to log cabin and Grand Trunk Caboose. The Village is open from May through the last Wednesday in September each year and special events are held throughout the year.
Explore the great outdoors @ Drayton Plains Nature Center
The Nature Center is home to local specimen and open to the public Wednesdays – Sundays from May to September. Classes, camps and special events are hosted at the center. The 138 acre property is open year round and has nearly 4 miles of walking trails routed around ponds, through woodlands and meadows, with interpretive signs to aid in your enjoyment.
Harvest Happenings // Families gather at Hess-Hathaway Park for hayrides, pony rides, crafts and more. (October)
Waterford Township Public Library // 5168 Civic Center Drive Waterford, MI 48329
Parks, Pools, Beaches + Arenas
- Waterford Recreation Center // 5640 N Williams Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48329
- Softball field, picnic shelter, children’s play area
- Waterford Oaks // 1702 Scott Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328
- Biking, Skiing, hiking, playground, waterpark, tennis, snowshoes and picnic areas and pavilions
- Waterford Oaks Water Park has over 30 interactive activities including a wave book, water playground, water slides and heated pool
- Dodge #4 State Park // 4250 Parkway Dr, Waterford MI, 48327
- 1-mile sand shoreline on Cass Lake. Swim in the summer and go cross-country skiing in the winter.
- Clinton River Canoe Site // 5971 Elizabeth Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48329
- Canoe landing, grills, picnic shelters, playground
- Lakeland Ice Arena // 7330 Highland Road, Waterford Twp, MI 48327
- Open Ice Skating every Saturday and Sunday
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area // 7800 Gale Road, Waterford, MI 48327
- Boat rentals, skiing, horse rentals and trails, hunting and fishing, hiking, and swimming at the beach
Directory – Find more family fun!
- Extreme Fun // 7370 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327
- Flip Starz // 5425 Perry Dr. Suite 101 Waterford, MI 48329
- MJR Waterford Digital Cinema 16 // 7501 Highland Road Waterford Township, MI 48327
- Oakland Yard // 5328 Highland Rd ,Waterford MI 48327
- Rolladium Family Fun Center // 4475 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48328
- Rush2Escape // 7128 Cooley Lake Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327
- Sportway // 4355 Highland Road, Waterford, MI 48328
- Virtual Baseball // 4667 Dixie Highway, Waterford, Michigan 48329
- Waterford Lanes // 7100 Cooley Lake Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327
- Zap Zone // 1490 N. Oakland Blvd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327
Photo credit: Instagram – @totallyhpy
About Tabitha Glover
Tabitha Glover is a student at Wayne State University. She grew up in Novi but has loved exploring southeast Michigan and having adventures in Detroit since she was a kid.