National Hispanic Heritage Month is September 15th to October 15th and the perfect opportunity to celebrate Hispanic culture with your…
Sterling Heights offers hundreds of relaxing fun and rewarding family activities and immensely popular annual special events.
Things To Do
Dodge Park is the place to be in Sterling Heights. From an outdoor ice rink in winter months to a state-of-the-art splash park in the summer and walking paths, playgrounds and picnic areas for all the months in between. Skaters, BMX bikers and bladers can hit the slops at the skate park too!
Get out the house and wear the kids out at Urban Air. The indoor amusement center features trampolines, rock climbing, virtual reality gaming and an urban warrior course. The highlight is the sky rider indoor coaster, it allows riders to soar overhead all the attractions of the facility with a bird’s eye view.
Everyone Can Have Fun @ The Play-Place for Autistic Children
Walk in hours are available at this unique play-powered environment for the entire family, all diagnosis and cognitive level. Your family can engage in unlimited play time with activities such as, a carousel ride, LEGO and art rooms as well as a computer cafe.
Grab A Treat @ iFreeze Creamery
Whether it’s the dog days of summer or dreary doldrums of winter, there’s one delicious treat that never goes out of style: ice cream! If your looking to breathe out “smoke” like a dragon try their novelty dessert Dragon Breath.
Memorial Day Parade // Sterling Heights Memorial Parade starts at City Center and travels south along Utica Road. (May)
Sterlingfest // Carnival rides, food, music and art – come out for a weekend of fun. (July)
Sterling Frights // Put on your costume and get ready for Halloween (October)
A Sterling Christmas // Celebrate the holidays at Dodge Park (December)
Sterling Heights Public Library // 40255 Dodge Park Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Parks, Splash Pad + Ice Rink
- Community Center // 40250 Dodge Park Rd. Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Gymnasiums, teen and tot room, outdoor playground, fitness center and walking track
- Dodge Park // 40620 Utica Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
- Playground, basketball court, outdoor concert stage, splash pad, skate park, ice rink and walking path
- Hampton Park // 4600 Franklin Park, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
- Playground, sled hill, basketball, tennis and pickleball courts, multi-purpose field, and trail
- James C. Nelson Park // 2775 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
- Playground, nature trail, and volleyball courts
- Farmstead Park // 12160 Clinton River Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Playground, walking trail, basketball court and sand volleyball
Directory – Find more family fun!
- Airtime Trampoline // 44855 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Aqua-Tots Swim School // 44891 Hayes Rd. Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Bounce House // 39080 Vandyke Avenue Sterling Heights, Michigan 48313
- Chuck E Cheese // 13745 Lakeside Circle Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Kart2Kart // 42705 Van Dyke Ave Sterling Heights, MI 48314
- Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre // 14900 Metro Pkwy Sterling Heights, MI 48312
- Play-Place for Autistic Children // 39337 Mound Road Sterling Heights, MI 48310
- Sterling Heights Nature Center // 42700 Utica Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Urban Air // 12050 Hall Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Wyndham Garden Hotel + Waterpark // 34911 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, MI 48312
- Zap Zone // 43680 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Photo credit: Twitter
About Tamara Ambroise
Tamara Ambroise is from the east coast but now calls Macomb County home. She enjoys local activities in her community along with spending time with her family while exploring all the fun and excitements offered in the Southeast region.