Pizza night is EVERYONE's favorite night! No groceries needed, no kitchen clean-up, and no complaints from the kids - you…
Things To Do
Franklin Athletic Club is more than a fitness club. Families can drop-in for toddler yoga sessions, indoor inflatable playdates, special events for the holidays, kids night out and sign up for camps. Join the club and gain access to a fitness center, tennis courts, indoor AND outdoor pool, and more.
Take a step back from the electronics and let your littles use their imagination to bring this small city to life. Detroit City Kid recreates local favorites for pint size fans – from the barbershop to bank and the great outdoors. Plan a play-date with friends or drop-in on a rainy afternoon.
Tell a story or see one @ PuppetART
Puppetry is found in every culture throughout the world and at PuppetART you can see puppets on display at the museum and inaction during special performances events.
Great Marshmallow Drop // Every year thousands of participants gather to watch 15,000 marshmallows drop from the sky at Catalpa Oaks. (March)
Fishing Derby // Bring your fishing hook to Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve for a Southfield’s free annual fishing derby. (May)
Tree Lighting Ceremony // Bring the kids down to the annual tree lighting ceremony at Burgh Historical Park. While you’re there roast marshmallows and meet Santa! (December)
Southfield Public Library // 26300 EVergreen Road, Southfield, MI 48076
The Southfield library’s children’s department is an enchanted story land with interactive features inside and outside.
Parks, Pools + Arenas
- Civic Center Park // 26000 Evergreen Road, Southfield, MI 48076
- Playground, golf course, ice arena, ball fields, nature trails, outdoor pools, tennis, volleyball and handball courts
- Bauervic Woods Park // Nine Mile Road, West of Evergreen, Southfield, MI 48076
- Modern and natural playground with nature trails
- Beech Woods Recreation Center // 22200 Beech Rd, Southfield, MI 48033
- Gymnasium and youth sports/activities.
- Cartpenter Lake Nature Preserve //Ten Mile Road, East of Inkster Rd, Southfield, MI 48076
- Nature trails with wintrepretive signs and trailheads
- Catalpa Oaks // 27705 Greenfield Rd, Southfield, MI 48076
- Playground, baseball field, cross country skiing, soccer and sledding
- Southfield Ice Arena // 26000 Evergreen Road, Southfield, MI 48037
- A full indoor ice arena
- Southfield Sports Arena Pool // 26000 Evergreen Road, Southfield, MI 48037
- Outdoor, Olympic sized pool with slide – open seasonally
Directory – Find more family fun!
- AMC Star Southfield 20 // 25333 W 12 Mile Rd, Southfield, MI 48034
- AQUA Swim School // 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034
- Detroit Kid City // 29115 Greenfield Rd, Southfield, MI 48076
- Franklin Athletic Club // 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034
- Motor City Dance Factory // 21630 Melrose Ave, Southfield, MI 48075
- Plum Hollow Lanes // 21900 W Nine Mile Rd, Southfield, MI 48075
- PuppetART // 24293 Telegraph Road Suite 150, Southfield, MI 48033
Photo credit: Hayden Stinebaugh for SEEN
About Tabitha Glover
Tabitha Glover is a student at Wayne State University. She grew up in Novi but has loved exploring southeast Michigan and having adventures in Detroit since she was a kid.