I love holiday books! Each season I bring out our themed collection to enjoy for a few weeks before putting…
Things To Do
Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve is a 16 acre park, perfect for hiking, biking and exploring! Sign up for classes, camps and special events to enjoy the great outdoors.
Rochester is home to multiple cider mills and doing a family research road trip to find your favorite is a good idea any time of the year!
Wander the halls and gardens of an auto barons mansion and make your own memories at a holiday event or family-friendly Discovery Days.
Make the morning extra sweet with cookie dough french toast or Fruity Pebbles pancakes, the downtown Rochester restaurant has a menu full of sweet and savory options even your pickiest eater will enjoy.
Fire and Ice Festival // Bundle up and head to downtown Rochester for dog sled rides, zip lines, ice sculpture shows, a food truck rally, fireworks and more! (January)
Greater Rochester Heritage Days // This two-day festival features a huge variety of activities including an arts and craft show and sale, Rochester Lions car shows, live music, Civil War reenactments, demonstrations, antique fire trucks, and more. The festival is held every year at the Rochester Municipal Park on a Saturday and Sunday. (May)
Festival of the Hills // Don’t miss Michigan’s 2nd largest firework show and all the fun and games that come with it. (June)
Art & Apples Festival // For more than 50 years, the Art & Apples Festival® has transformed the 30-acre Rochester Park into one of the nation’s top fine art fairs with over 250 exhibiting artists from across the country. (September)
Goodison Good Tyme // Since 2003 Goodison Good Tyme celebrates Oakland Township’s parks natural beauty and agricultural history. Enjoy FREE attractions every September such as crafts, face painters, balloon artists, rock wall and zip line. (September)
Trick or Treat Downtown // Watch the streets of Rochester come to life with ghosts, ghouls, superheros and more as children trick-or treat with the Downtown merchants! (October)
Festival of Trees // Downtown Rochester will transform into the Big, Bright Light Show with thousands of lights covering the store fronts. Kick things off at the Festival of Trees with holiday decorations, kids crafts and Santa. (November)
Kris Kringle Market // The Downtown Rochester Kris Kringle Market was inspired by the 700-year old tradition of the open-air Christmas markets throughout Europe. The event will feature one-of-a-kind shopping, specialty foods, fresh greens & wreaths and handcrafted gifts for the holiday. (December)
Rochester Hills Public Library // 500 Olde Towne Rd, Rochester, MI 48307
- Play area in children’s section and outdoor gardens
Parks, Pools, Beaches + Arenas
- Rochester Avon Recreation Authority // 500 E. Second St. Rochester, MI 48307
- Gymnasium, fitness equipment, indoor turf field and indoor playscape.
- Bear Creek Nature Park //740 West Snell Road, Rochester, MI 48306
- Playground, boardwalks, nature trails and outdoor ice rink.
- Bloomer Park // 345 John R. Rd. Rochester Hills, MI 48307
- Playground, outdoor velodrome, cricket field, sledding hill, hiking trails, volleyball nets, horsehoe pits, and restrooms
- Borden Park // 1400 E. Hamlin Rd., Rochester Hills, MI 48307
- Playground, baseball and soccer fields, tennis and pickleball courts, basketball courts, roller hockey rink, fitness loop and nature area.
- Onyx Rochester Ice Arena // 52999 Dequindre Road, Rochester, MI 48307
- Public open skate hours, hockey, figure skating and learn to skate classes
- Rochester Municipal Park // 400 6th St, Rochester, MI 48307
- Playground, paved walkway along Paint Creek, lake with winter ice skating, sand volleyball and tennis courts, and restrooms.
- Spencer Park // 3701 John R Rd., Rochester Hills, MI 48307
- Playground, lake beach with lifeguard on duty, fishing pier, tennis and sand volleyball courts, nature paths and restrooms
Directory – Find more family fun!
- Avon North Hill Lanes // 150 W Tienken Rd Rochester, MI 48306
- Boogie Babies // 1928 B Star Batt Dr. Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Classic Lanes // 2145 Avon Industrial Dr, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve // 333 North Hill Dr., Rochester, MI 48307
- Emagine Theatre // 200 Barclay Cir, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
- Friendship Factory // 210 W University Dr, Rochester, MI 48309
- Goldfish Swim School // 550 South Street, Rochester, MI 48307
- Goodison Cider Mill // 4295 Orion Road, Rochester, MI 48306
- GTC Gymnastics // 1813 Northfield Drive, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Meadow Brook Amphitheatre // 160 Festival Dr, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Paint Creek Cider Mill // 4480 Orion Road, Rochester, MI 48306
- The Robot Garage // 1659 West Hamlin Road, Suite F, Rochester Hills MI 48309
- Rochester Cider Mill // 5125 North Rochester Road, Rochester, MI 48306
- Rochester Play // 380 E. Second St., Rochester, MI 48307
- TreeRunner Adventure Park // 7553 Meadowbrook Rd, Rochester MI 48309
- Van Hoosen Farm // 1005 Van Hoosen Rd, Rochester, MI 48307
- Yates Cider Mill // 1990 E Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Photo credit: Facebook /vc_column_text]
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..