School's out for MLK Day and if you're looking for places to go, here's a list of what's open around…
Novi is one of the fastest growing cities in Michigan and with its commercial center spread across both sides of 96, it’s easy to access the abundant venues offering family fun.
Things To Do
With over nine attractions, Paradise Park is regularly voted the best amusement facility in the county. Take a ride in a spaceship, go for a spin on the Go-Kart track, play miniature golf, see the city from new heights and more!
The MSU Tollgate farm site is a 160 acre working farm with animals, community gardens, and sustainable agriculture demonstrations. Experience agriculture hands-on in an urban environment at family fun nights, Children’s Garden Story Hour, 4-H youth programs and more!
Stop by Twelve Oaks Mall to Build a Bear, have a “Backyard Adventure” in the play area or attend a special event in the atrium. Cross Novi Road and try glow in the dark golf at Putting Edge, rev your engine at JD Racing Indoor Karting, bounce off the walls at AirTime Trampoline Park or see a show at Emagine Novi.
Novi is home to the only Cheesecake Factory in Michigan. The national chain is popular with families across the country because of it’s massive menu and delicious desserts – there’s something for everyone.
Stars & Stripes Festival // The festival highlights what America has to offer, featuring world-class recording artists, both national and local acts, cuisines from all over the world, art exhibits, carnival rides, specialty attractions, and a spectacular fireworks display. (June/July)
Michigan State Fair // Each year during Labor Day weekend the State Fair celebrate the agricultural traditions of Michigan by showcasing fresh produce, live stock and locally produced items. Families can also enjoy a carnival, circus and more at the Suburban Collection Showplace. (September – Labor Day Weekend)
Light Up the Night // The Novi Civic Center Campus hosts a tree lighting ceremony and fireworks display for the Christmas season. Attendees also enjoy crafts, games, open fire s’mores, live animals, miniature train rides, ice sculptures and live entertainment. (December)
Novi Public Library // 45255 w 10 Mile Rd, Novi, MI 48375
Great summer reading program for all ages, dedicated children’s floor for story time and other activities that make going to the library fun.
Parks + Arenas
- Lakeshore Park //601 S. Lake Drive, Novi MI, 48375
- Summer beach, mountain bike and walking trails, playground equipment, picnic shelter, swim beach, fishing, mountain trails, nature trails, ski, sledding, volleyball and soccer field.
- Pavilion Shore Park //43390 W. 13 Mile Rd, Novi MI, 48377
- Walking paths, fishing pier (ice fishing during winter months), picnic plaza with bbq grills, waterfront seating, sand volleyball, summer beach, horseshoe pits, play structures and over 10 miles of mountain biking and multi-purpose trails.
- Fuerst Park //45325 W. 10 Mile Rd, Novi MI, 48377
- Located near public library, paved walking path and amphitheater.
- Rotary Park //22220 Roethel Dr,Novi MI, 48377
- Playground equipment, tennis courts, nature trails, and picnic shelther.
- Ella Mae Power Park //45175 W. 10 mile, Novi MI, 48377
- Athletic complex with baseball fields, green-space, nature trails, and playground equipment.
- Novi Ice Arena // 42400 Nick Lidstrom Drive, Novi, MI 48375
- Open skate, classes and leagues.
Photo credit: Source
About Shakthi Selvam
Shakthi Selvam is an engineer, currently pursuing her passion to write. She is lives in Farmington Hills with her husband and two kids. She is a stay-at-home mom and writes for LittleGuide Detroit. Shakthi and her family love visiting parks and playing outside. She enjoys writing about the towns in southeast Michigan on her blog Michigan Local Attracts.