The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check…
Looking for daily inspiration and ideas for things to do with kids this week? From at-home family fun, to festivities around town – here are our top picks for fun things to do with kids in Metro Detroit this week!
If you’re looking for FREE family fun, head to the Ford House on Tuesday mornings at 10:30am for Stone Soup Storytime.
It’s the Day of the Dead! Celebrate the Mexican holiday with these activities around town and at home – it’s a great way to help your kids connect with family and friends they may not have had the opportunity to meet.
Jurassic Quest is coming back to Michigan next month. If you have a dinosaur lover at home, here are the best places to visit in metro Detroit – playgrounds included.
STEAM Day is next week and we’re getting ready early by giving away a free family membership to one of our favorite places – the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum!
As we look forward to the year ahead, think about MOM. Pursue your passion and reach your goals with the Broad Executive MBA from Michigan State University.
Tuesday is Election Day! Don’t forget to vote and help your kids learn about voting by reading one of these picture book favorites.
- Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio
- Monster Needs Your Vote by Paul Czajak
- Max for President by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- Around America to Win the Vote by Mara Rockliff
- Lillian’s Right to Vote by Jonah Winter
Events Happening This Week
- Monday-Friday: Family Open Swim @ Aqua Tots (multiple locations)
- Monday + Wednesday: Skateboard Program @ Chandler Park (Detroit)
- Monday: Pumpkin Rolldown @ Spindler Park (Eastpointe)
- Monday: Outdoor Storytime @ Waterford Public Library (Waterford)
- Tuesday: Storytime @ The Ford House (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- Tuesday: Pre-School Storytime @ Library (Auburn Hills)
- Tuesday + Thursday: Munchkin Ropes Course @ Troy Gymnastics (Troy)
- Wednesday – Sunday: Ofrendas @ Detroit Institute of Art (Detroit)
- Wednesday: Outdoor Storytime @ Library (Waterford)
- Wednesday: Homeschool Class @ Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center (Shelby Township)
- Thursday: Mommy & Me Hikes @ Recreation Center (West Bloomfield)
- Thursday: Contemporary Explorative Movement @ The Ford House (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- Friday: Hay Ride Central @ Heritage Park (Farmington)
- Friday: Morning Munchkins @ Red Oaks Nature Center (Madison Heights)
- Friday: Homeschool Hangout @ DNR Outdoor Adventure Center (Detroit)
- Friday: Story Time with the Animals @ Nature Center (Sterling Heights)
- Friday: Kids Night @ The HAWK (Farmington Hills)
- Friday: Nerf Blaster Battle @ Community Center (Northville)
- Friday: Cupcakes and Canvas @ Lakeshore Park (Novi)
- Friday: FREE Friday @ Cranbrook Institute of Science (Bloomfield Hills)
- Friday: Princess Fantasy @ Activities Center (Shelby Township)
- Friday: New Moon Night Adventures @ Independence Lake Park (Whitmore Lake)
- Friday & Saturday: Glow Jump @ SkyZone (Canton)
- Saturday & Sunday: Public Hayrides @ Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Saturday: Mother & Son Night @ Clarkston High School (Clarkston)
- Saturday: Wild Child @ Lake Erie Marshland Museum (Brownstown)
- Saturday: Detroit City Football Club Home Game @ Keyworth Stadium (Hamtramck)
- Saturday: Turkey Time @ Nature Center (Sterling Heights)
- Saturday: Mastering Motherhood with MSU @ Education Center (Troy)
- Saturday: Fall Wagon Tours @ Stoney Creek Metropark (Shelby Township)
- Saturday: Outdoor Nature Play Area @ Recreation Center (West Bloomfield)
- Saturday: Fall Naturalist @ Independence Lake County Park (Whitmore Lake)
- Saturday: Incredible Inventions Workshop @ Community Center (Troy)
- Sunday: Sensory Friendly Jump @ Urban Air (Oxford)
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..