As one of the largest cities in Michigan and intersected by freeways 96 and 275, Livonia is the center-point of metro Detroit and a great place to meet up with friends or have a family day of outdoor fun.
Things To Do
A smaller version of Greenfield Village, Greenmead is a historic preservation village that hosts special events and teas at the . Take a self guided tour anytime or stop by on Sunday for a formal tour of the historic houses and gardens. Don’t miss the bi-annual flea markets or holiday fun during Halloween and Christmas seasons.
The former dairy farm hosts regular events from June through October, including a Farmer’s Market, Hot Rod and Car Show, and Pumpkin fest.
Dave & Buster’s is a national chain that offers food, fun and prizes! Watch a game on the big screen while enjoying a family meal and play some arcade games that everyone will enjoy.
The small town diner is a Livonia hot spot. Bring cash and order sliders, fries and shakes for a delicious meal at the counter, in your car or at one of the local parks (see below).
Stop in any time (it’s open 24 hours) and try homemade donuts. Get the ready-to-order dozen because you’ll want more than one – it’s the #1 place in town for a reason.
Livonia Spree // Livonia celebrate the anniversary of the founding of the City with a week-long birthday party. Held at Ford Field (corner of Farmington Road and Lyndon) the last full week in June, the Livonia Spree has something for everyone in the family: delicious food, great music, carnival and a Grand Finale Fireworks Extravaganza on Sunday night.
Motor City Irish Fest // The Motor city Irish Fest is an annual event that brings together The Irish and their friends to celebrate Irish Culture with music, dance, food & drink, exhibits and activities for children. Most of all, it brings together everyone for a great weekend full of fun.
Bennett Civic Center Library (Main) // 32777 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI 48154
- The main floor Children’s Department includes play equipment for toddlers and dedicated space for story time and special activities. The library regularly hosts performers, interactive games days and family movies in the auditorium.
Alfred Noble Library (limited hours) // 32901 Plymouth Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
Carl Sandburg Library (limited hours) // 30100 W Seven Mile Rd, Livonia, MI 48152
Parks, Pools + Arenas
- Jack E. Kirksey Livonia Community Recreation Center // 15100 Hubbard, Livonia, MI 48154
- Sand volleyball court, indoor & outdoor track, skate park, outdoor splash park, indoor pool, outdoor inline skate rink, soccer fields, football field, indoor gymnasium, indoor rockwall, indoor children’s playground, paved walking path and picnic pavilion.
- Rotary Park // Six Mile Rd & Hubbard St, Livonia, MI 48152
- Playground equipment, picnic pavilions, baseball diamonds, tennis courts and hiking trails.
- Mies Park // 9300 Hubbard St, Livonia, MI 48150
- Playground equipment, picnic pavilion, soccer field, baseball diamond and paved walking path.
- Sheldon Pool // 33123 Van Ct Ave, Livonia, MI 48150
- Community pool, playground equipment, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, soccer field and picnic pavilion
- Clement Circle Pool + Splash Park // 9999 Harrison Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
- Community pool and splash park, playground equipment and picnic pavilion
- Botsford Pool // 19444 Lathers St, Livonia, MI 48152
- Community pool, playground, and baseball diamonds.
- Eddie Edgar //33841 Lyndon, Livonia, MI 48150
- Indoor ice arena
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..