The Detroit Riverfront is one of our favorite places and it was just named the BEST riverfront in America! No…
Kick 2021 off on a high note with family fun around town. From outdoor activities to museum adventures, there’s lots to do!
Spend Time Outside
Start the 2021 tally for #1000HoursOutside and spend time outside. Take nature walks, play at parks and have fun with winter sports. The air may be cold but the Vitamin D is good for everyone.
- Our Favorite Sledding Hills In Metro Detroit
- 4 Best Local Places To Ski
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- Outdoor Ice Rinks In Metro Detroit
- 25 Most Popular Playgrounds Around Town
Take A MARVELous Trip
It’s your last chance to see the Universe of Super Heroes exhibit at The Henry Ford. Learn the origin story of the legendary Stan Lee, see the costumes worn by actors in the blockbuster films (including Chadwick Bosman from Black Panther) and interact with your favorite heroes.
Go To A Winter Festival
Valade Park on the Detroit Riverfront and Bowers School Farm in Bloomfield Hills will be hosting special winter programming that includes snow tubing (rental available), ice skating, ice sculptures, bonfires and more! Ready for a road trip? Check out the World of Winter festival in Grand Rapids – it’s FREE!
Celebrate MLK Day
Monday, January 18, 2021 is a day of remembering and celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Honor his legacy and the accomplishments of black leaders throughout our country’s history by planning a family field trip, doing an act of service in your community or cuddle up with good books at home. 4 Ways To Celebrate MLK Day With Kids
Check Our Our Favorites
Looking for tried and true ideas that we love? Here are our top picks and the places you’ll find us this month.
- Cultural Center in Midtown: Keep warm and explore the DIA and Michigan Science Center
- Farm Fun in Macomb: Ice skating and treats at Blakes, followed by a visit to the animals and playground at Wolcott Farm Center
- Pre-school Activities in Madison Heights: Morning Munchkins and Storybook Walk at Red Oaks Nature Center
- Making a Splash in Livonia: Putting on the swimsuits and diving into the family pool at the Kirksey Recreation Center
Photo credit: Bower Farm School
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..