All aboard! If you have a train lover at home, suprise them with a Great Lakes Live Steamers miniature train…
Kick 2022 off on a high note with family fun around town. From outdoor activities to museum adventures, there’s lots to do!
Cheers To A Happy, Healthy New Year!
Take nature walks, hit the snowy hills and outdoor ice rinks. Celebrate The YMCA’s 170th anniversary and join the Y170 Challenge. Record 170 minutes of movement each week and enter to win cool prizes. You don’t have to be a member to participate but you can WIN a YMCA Family membership from LittleGuide Detroit!
- Our Favorite Sledding Hills In Metro Detroit
- 4 Best Local Places To Ski
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- Outdoor Ice Rinks In Metro Detroit
See A Show
Go To A Winter Festival
Valade Park on the Detroit Riverfront and Bowers School Farm in Bloomfield Hills will be hosting special winter programming that includes snow tubing (rental available), ice skating, ice sculptures, bonfires and more! Other special events include:
Celebrate MLK Day
Monday, January 17, 2022 is a day of remembering and celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Honor his legacy and the accomplishments of black leaders throughout our country’s history by planning a family field trip, doing an act of service in your community or cuddle up with good books at home. 4 Ways To Celebrate MLK Day With Kids
Check Our Our Favorites
Looking for tried and true ideas that we love? Here are our top picks and the places from last year.
- Favorite Playgrounds: Innovation Hills (Rochester Hills), Lower Huron Metropark (Belleville) and Gallup Park (Ann Arbor)
- Make a Splash: We love our weekly swim lessons at Aqua-Tots and they makes trips to indoor waterparks including Livonia Aquatics Center and Troy Community Pool far more relaxing. #swimsafetyFTW
- Have Fun Inside: LEGOLAND Discovery Center, Stemville, Troy Gym and Kidcadia
Photo credit: World of Winter
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..