We have been spending a lot of time with our partners lately but have really missed quality time. Whether you…
Dearborn is a rich multicultural community that is rich in history. Home to Henry Ford the city continues to showcase his legacy as an innovator who helped put the world on wheels.
Things To Do
From farmers markets to movie nights and family fun activities there’s plenty to do along Michigan Avenue. Downtown Dearborn is rapidly changing and welcoming more retail and restaurants along Michigan Avenue all the time. Shop till you drop and then grab a bite to eat this holiday season.
To kick-off the shopping season, 30 businesses in downtown Dearborn are teaming up to offer prizes. Download this pamphlet, get a stamp at the store while you shop to enter to win. You can also enter our giveaway for dinner on LittleGuide!
The Henry Ford was founded by Henry Ford in 1929 to showcase American innovation. The museum complex includes an indoor museum, an outdoor museum, a factory tour and an IMAX theatre. The Henry Ford Museum has permanent and rotating exhibits but you will always find trains, planes, and automobiles. Greenfield Village takes you back in time and lets you explore buildings from different eras and areas of the world, you can also see a working farm and glass blowing studio. Kids can see what it’s like to work on a line and how cars are built on the Rouge Factory Tour. Catch a new release or a special feature in 3D at the Giant Screen. The hands-on and interactive museum is fun for the whole family.
Dearborn is home to the largest Arab American population in the United States and the Arab American National Museum is the first and only museum in the country devoted to Arab American history and culture. Learn about the immigrant experience and the lives of the individuals who have helped shape America.
Pack a picnic and a blanket and have lunch at Fair Lane, the home of Henry and Clara Ford. The mansion is currently being restored but the grounds are open to the public and fun to explore. While you’re there stop by the University of Michigan Dearborn’s Environmental Interpretive Center to learn more about the land and the Rouge River that runs through it.
Pack snacks, blanket and cuddle up for a double feature from the car. The timeless family tradition is as fun as you remember when you were a kid.
You can’t go to Dearborn without getting baklawa and you can’t beat Shatila’s hand-crafted Middle Eastern treats! The spacious restaurant is perfect for families. Admire the goodies and pick out your favorites (there’s plenty to chose from), you can place an order to go and get a tray and find a table.
Memorial Day Parade // Dearborn’s parade is the oldest continuous Memorial Day Parade in Michigan and one of the largest in the country. (May)
Dearborn Homecoming //Every year the City of Dearborn hosts a Homecoming festival with free stage entertainment, family activities, carnival rides, lots of food, corn hole tournament, 5K and family fun run, and two nights of outstanding fireworks. (August)
Henry Ford Centennial Library // 16301 Michigan Ave. Dearborn, MI 48126
Bryant Library // 22100 Michigan Ave. Dearborn, MI 48124
Esper Library // 12929 West Warren Dearborn, MI 48126
Pools, Parks + Arenas
- Dearborn Ford Center // 15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126
- Indoor lap pool with water slide and shallow water, climbing wall, gymnasium, classes and camps.
- Crowley Park //2600 Westwood St, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Soccer fields, spray park, ball field, walking track (.64 miles), wheelchair-accessible playground, sand volleyball, restroom, picnic tables, shelter area. Tennis court and inline skating rink are south of Long Elementary.
- Whitmore Bolles Park //21700 Notre Dame StDearborn, MI 48124
- Spray park and playground.
- Ford Field Park //22051 Cherry Hill St, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Ball fields, tennis court, sledding hill, picnic shelters, soccer field, restrooms, Rouge River Gateway trailhead, wheelchair-accessible playground, and picnic tables.
- Ten Eyck Park //15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Outdoor pool, ball fields, in-line skate rink, basketball, tennis court, walking track (.42 mile), wheelchair-accessible playground, picnic tables, and natural ice rink.
- Hemlock Park //13335 Hemlock Dearborn MI 48126
- Spray park, ball field, sledding hill, soccer field, basketball, shelter area, walking track (.4 mile), restrooms, wheelchair-accessible playground, and picnic tables.
- Dearborn Ice Skating Center (DISC) // 14900 Ford Rd, Dearborn, MI 48126
- Two NHL regulation-size ice surfaces with open skate, classes and leagues.
- Camp Dearborn //1700 General Motors Rd, Milford, MI 48380
- Camp Dearborn is a family-orientated recreational facility, owned and operated by the City of Dearborn Recreation & Parks Department located in Milford. Bring in your RV/trailer home, tent or rent a rustic cabin and unplug for the weekend. Amenities include golf, paddle boats, fishing, picnic area, playground equipment, 1400ft zipline and lakeshore beach.
DIRECTORY – FIND MORE FAMILY FUN!
- Arab American National Museum // 13624 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126
- British Swim School // 922 N Beech Daly Road, Dearborn Heights MI, 48127
- Chuck E Cheese // 24399 Michigan Dearborn, MI 48124
- Dearborn Historical Museum // 915 Brady Street, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Detroit Kid City // 22950 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Ford Drive In // 10400 Ford Road Dearborn, MI 48126
- Galaxy Zone // 12841 Ford Road Dearborn, MI 48126
- The Henry Ford // 20900 Oakwood Boulevard, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Kidcadia // 13939 MIchigan Ave, Dearborn MI 48126
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..