Pack in all your fall favorites at one place when you visit Wiard's Country Fair in Ypsilanti. Check it out…
Check out our top 10 suggestions for where to go and what to do this week with kids!
Whether they’re already master chefs or you just want a little extra help in the kitchen, this week is full of fun ways to get them interested in cooking, baking and decorating!
- Cookie Decorating Class (Ages 8+) @ Troy Public Library: Tuesday
- Grandparent & Grandchild Cooking Class @ Eastern Market: Saturday
- Kids Cooking Class @ Brightmoor Artisans Collective: Saturday
GET THERE ‘FIRST’
Detroit is hosting the “FIRST Championship” this week, and there’s plenty for local families to enjoy as part of the festivities.
- Detroit Welcome Party @ Ford Field (Thursday)
- Enjoy FREE family-friendly lawn games, GIANT games and arcade games at Detroit’s downtown parks
- Try a sweet treat from Dr Nitro’s Mad Science Show and Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Sundae Social! Check out a live demonstration at 12pm and 1pm at Cadillac Square (Friday & Saturday)
- See STEM in action, watch robotic teams compete for the top prize at Cobo Hall
HANG WITH THOMAS
Thomas the Train and his friends are back in town, but only for a few weeks! Come take your kids for a ride they’ll never forget as he rolls into Greenfield Village starting this week.
- Day Out with Thomas @ Greenfield Village (Saturday & Sunday)
- Railroader’s Breakfast @ Greenfield Village (Saturday & Sunday)
SEE A SHOW
From puppet shows to Olympic skaters, this week is full of great shows to see with your littles!
- Stars on Ice @ Little Caesars Arena (Saturday)
- Children’s Series: Cat in the Hat @ Meadowbrook Theatre (Saturday)
- Velveteen Rabbit Musical @ Northville Marquis Theatre (Sunday)
- LIVE! Shrek the Musical @ Redford Theatre (April 27, 28 & 29)
- PuppetArt: Kolobok @ Music Hall, Detroit (Sunday)
- Farmington Hills Youth Theatre: Beauty & the Beast @ William Costick Activities Center (Thursday – Sunday)
HAVE A DRINK
Because sometimes Mama just needs a drink – and bonus when you can have a drink with other Mamas while letting your kids play together!
- Mama + Me Happy Hour @ Founders Brewing Company (Thursday)
WE LOVE FREE!
Kids can be expensive, so finding free stuff for them to do is always a bonus!
- Wild Over Wednesday @ Outdoor Adventure Center: Free admission on Wednesday from 6-8pm
- Free Day @ Flint Children’s Museum (Sunday)
Let the celebration begin – it’s finally spring! Head to Cranbrook Art Museum this weekend for a Spring Family Day full of kid friendly tours and hands-on art projects.
- Spring Family Day @ Cranbrook Art Museum (Sunday)
HAVE TEA WITH MOM
It’s a Mommy + Daughter (Grandmas and aunts are welcome too) kind of Saturday, where you’ll learn how to decorate cakes, taste-test different chocolates and sip tea together!
- Mom & Me Tea @ Novi Civic Center (Saturday)
FEED THE ANIMALS
Join the Farm at Kensington to feed the pigs, goats, cows and more! Young farmers will learn what different animals eat and why.
- Chow Time Jr. @ Kensington Metropark (Saturday)
ENJOY A NIGHT OUT
Whether you hang with your kids or drop them off, this Saturday is full of opportunities to enjoy a night out or off!
- Family Night Out @ Troy Community Center (Saturday)
- Parents’ Night Out @ Leslie Science & Nature Center (Saturday)
- Parents’ Night Out @ Troy Gymnastics (Saturday)
About Kerry Doman
Kerry Doman is the founder and CEO of LittleGuide Detroit and After 5 Detroit. She has lived downtown Detroit for 10+ years and still calls the city home with her husband and son. As a relatively new mom, she’s excited to explore downtown with her family and hopes you’ll enjoy doing the same!