Halloween season is here and it's time to put on some costumes and have some fun! Here are the Halloween…
Rain days are a bummer in the summer, but the grey clouds don’t have to dampen your day – there’s still plenty of indoor fun to be had around town. Here are ten activities to keep the kids busy inside.
Head to your local lanes or take a trip downtown to Punch Bowl Social where kids bowl FREE every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 11am to 2pm during the summer.
The rain doesn’t have to ruin your swimming plans. Find an indoor pool with water slides, splash pads and whirlpools.
- Troy Community Center
- Canton Aquatic Center
- Macomb Township Aquatics Center
- Livonia Recreation Center
- Dearborn Ford Center
- HYPE Athletics Community
- Warren Community Center
Bounce Off The Walls
Don’t worry about making a mess at home and head out for some arts and crafts. Drop in to a local art shop for pottery, painting and more.
- Wonderworks Pottery and Art Studio (Birmingham)
- Creative Arts Studio (Royal Oak)
- Creatopia (Plymouth)
- Plaster Playhouse (Shelby Township)
- The Bee’s Knees Pottery Studio (Northville)
- Pottery Creations (Wyandotte)
See A Movie
Go old school and enjoy the arcade for a day.
- Escape (Troy)
- Marvin’s Marvelous Mechanical Museum (Farmington Hils)
- Dave & Buster’s (Utica + Livonia)
- Joe Dumars Field House (Detroit + Shelby Township)
- CJ Barrymore Sports and Entertainment (Clinton Township)
Try Something New
Let the littles run around and be silly with knockerball (aka bubble soccer), use a football to knock down bowling pins at fowling in Hamtramck or Auburn Hills or shake up hide and seek at the Detroit Dart Club.
Go to an Indoor Playground
Get a coffee or a smoothie and let the kids have fun while you relax and chat with other parents.
- Detroit Kid City (Southfield + Clinton Township)
- Jungle Java (multiple locations)
- Chelsea Treehouse (Chelsea)
- Rochester Play (Rochester)
- Nature’s Playhouse (Ferndale)
Visit A Museum
Learn something new and have hands-on fun at a local museum.
- Michigan Science Center
- Detroit Historical Museum
- The Henry Ford
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Outdoor Adventure Center
Explore the Universe
Forget about the clouds in the sky and look for the stars at a solar show at the Cranbrook Institute of Science’s Acheson Planetarium, Wayne State Planetarium or Longway Planetarium.
Photo credit: Punch Bowl Social
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..