The Huron-Clinton Metroparks has everything you need for summer fun. For $40 a year you gain family access to dozens…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
Celebrate Spring at the Heritage Park Petting Farm in Taylor special event or join in a Goat Story Time at Wolcott Farm Center in Ray.
If you’re still thinking about Earth Day. Head to Lake St. Clair Nature Center to help out at the clean-up event. You can also take the kids to clean up a park closer to home. You can also check out these 20 Easy and Practical Ways to be Sustainable at Home.
Spend time outside at these fun events:
- Restore the Earth @ Red Oaks Nature Center
- Nature Explorer Open Play @ West Bloomfield Nature Center
- Four Feet Down The Trail Flowers & Seeds @ Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve
Greenfield Village is open and train rides await. Take a trip through time and explore old homes, visit a working farm, get a custard cone, go round the carousel and let the kids run around the playground.
Paw Patrol lovers can watch Paw Patrol LIVE at Home this weekend. The stage show will stream for a special Race to the Rescue event.
April is Healthy Kids Month at The YMCA and every Saturday they are hosting FREE family events! Here’s this weekend’s line-up:
- Free Family Cardio Drumming @ Downriver YMCA (Southgate)
- Free Family Lip Sync Battle @ Farmington YMCA (Farmington)
- Free Family Yoga @ South Oakland Family YMCA (Royal Oak)
- Day Camp Demo @ Boll Family YMCA (Detroit)
- Free Family Zumba @ Downriver YMCA (Southgate)
- Family Yoga @ Macomb Family YMCA (Mt. Clemens)
- FREE Kids Obstacle Course @ Macomb Family Y (Mt. Clemens) <— Sunday
If you missed the Stroller Roll last weekend, don’t worry we’re doing it again. You can see pictures from the event on our Facebook page and catch up with Tiana & Rapunzel via a FREE Facebook Live on Monday at 7pm!
Don’t let the snow fool you, summer is right around the corner and if you’re looking for camp ideas we’re giving away a week session to Blake’s Appleseed Camp. And if you’re looking for family fun this weekend, here are 5 reasons to visit Macomb this spring.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve (Southfield)
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (Sterling Heights)
- Rev’d Up Fun (Woodhaven)
- Escape (Troy)
- DEFY Detroit (Commerce)
- Legacy 925 (Oxford)
Photo credit: Hour Detroit
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..