Meet Kaitlyn Kids: Henry (2), Sterling (8 months) Hometown: Royal Oak I’m a writer, mom and wife. I’m fortunate to…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
We saw How To Train Your Dragon at the Monroe Street Drive-In last Saturday and had the best time (Lucas said it was the best night of his life). It’s easy to get in and out, you can’t beat the backdrop, concessions are affordable ($5 for a tub of Emagine popcorn), trailer restrooms if needed and it’s only $20 per car! Get tickets to see Shrek 2 on Friday or The Croods on saturday.
Ann Arbor’s popular FoolMoon festival looks different this year but you can still head to Kerrytown Friday for family fun.
Friday is National Unicorn Day, celebrate this weekend with a visit to Carousel Acres and RIDE a unicorn.
Heritage Park Petting Farm is now open for the season. Admission is only $4 per person.
April is Healthy Kids Month at The YMCA and every Saturday they are hosting FREE family events! Here’s this weekend’s line-up:
- Family Cardio Drumming @ Downriver Family Y
- Family Zumba @ Downriver Family Y
- Kid DJ @ Boll Family Y
- Kids Obstacle Course @ Farmington Family Y
- Sports Sampler @ South Oakland Family Y
Spring is here and Canterbury Village is hosting an Open Air Market this weekend, head Orion Township to find local crafters, cooks, musicians and more.
Blake’s Farm Share program is back for 2021 and you can now pick up weekly shares in Rochester and Birmingham! Sign up for your box of Blake goodies.
We’re LOVING the new Mighty Ducks series on D+. If you do too, take the kids for the final Team USA Hockey game of the season to cheer on the teen team.
Van Gough is coming to Detroit and we have our tickets to experience the immersive art exhibit in June at the TCF Center.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve (Southfield)
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (Sterling Heights)
- Rev’d Up Fun (Woodhaven)
- Escape (Troy)
- DEFY Detroit (Commerce)
- Legacy 925 (Oxford)
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..