The Pontiac Skatepark Project is ready to take the Oakland Park skate space to the next level with a state…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
Spend time outside and check out an outdoor class Saturday! From free to $7 these cool nature events won’t break the bank. You can also find more outdoor nature classes for kids here.
- Outdoor Story Time (Farmington)
- Nature Makerspace (Farmington Hills)
- X Marks The Spot (Madison Heights)
- The Sights of Nature (Rochester)
- Biologist For A Day (Shelby Township)
- Nature Outdoor Explorer Hours (West Bloomfield)
Collect some syrup for a pancake breakfast and find trees to tap in our 2021 Maple Sugar Guide.
Take a trip to Carousel Acres in South Lyon to see animals and your favorite Dr. Seuss characters!
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is reopen to the public and you can explore the entire museum with a group of friends, girl scout troop or family for as little as $9 per person.
We’re keeping up on all the Easter and constantly adding to the list. Easter bunny visits, egg hunts and more are happening this month and you’ll want to reserve your spot at one of the regional events before they sell out.
When the sun is shining we’re playground hopping! Check out these 3 cool playgrounds to visit in Oakland County.
If you need a break or want to break a sweat, you can check out The YMCA for FREE in March! Child Watch is back and offers 2 hours of FREE child care too. Enjoy some ‘me time’, a day date or a girl friend meet up.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
Get tickets to the Monroe Street Drive-In Theatre in downtown Detroit + make it a date night! Here’s this week’s movie line-up:
- Friday: The Dark Night
- Saturday: Genius Aretha
- Sunday: P.S. I Love You
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..