Looking for inspiration + ideas for things to do with kids in Metro Detroit? Tried and true suggestions that real…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
Blue Line Farm has open hours on Saturday and you will want to make a visit to see the goats, pigs and other animals at this urban farm in Livonia.
Get back to nature with one of the outdoor events.
- Guided Nature Trail Hikes @ Wint Nature Center (Clarkston)
- Night Hikes and S’more @ Lakeshore Park (Novi)
- Nature Outdoor Explorer Hours @ West Bloomfield Natural Play Area (West Bloomfield)
Celebrate Motown Love at the Detroit Riverfront – there will be ice sculptures, horse-drawn carriage rides, music, curling, and more at Valade Park this weekend and it’s all FREE!
These freezing temps aren’t the most fun but they are expending the Plymouth Ice Festival! If you missed the sculptures last weekend you still have time to check it out. You can also check out World of Winter Festival in Downtown Grand Rapids!
Another downtown to check out is Northville. Heat in the Streets offers a variety of outdoor dining options and there’s plenty of indoor family fun to be had too!
You can also skip the grocery store and have your food delivered to your door with Hungry Harvest. Not only is it affordable and convenient – it’s good for the planet!
Take your little leapers to Sky Zone and let them bounce with Mickey and Minnie!
Kids can unwind with Snowga at the Art Attic with Downpup Yoga.
On the topic of motherhood, if you need to catch up with your circle or expand it we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 Local Moms Groups Worth Checking Out and 4 Mom Only Meet Ups To Plan This Month (giveaway included!).
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
Get tickets to the Monroe Street Drive-In Theatre in downtown Detroit! Here’s this week’s movie line-up
- Friday: Hidden Figures
- Saturday: Kung Fu Panda
- Sunday: Back To The Future 2
OUTDOOR ICE SKATING
- Blake’s Winter Wonderland (Armada)
- Barnum Park (Birmingham)
- Dodge Park (Sterling Heights)
- Greenmead Historic Park (Livonia)
- Cranbrook Art Museum (Bloomfield Hills)
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
It’s been a LONG week – celebrate with a fun and delicious PIZZA NIGHT and skip the cooking and clean-up! Click below and get any two items from Hungry Howie’s for just $5.99 each!
Photo credit: Source
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..