Looking for daily inspiration and ideas for things to do with kids this week? From at-home family fun, to festivities…
The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check out this list of fun family activities you can do this weekend.
New Year’s Eve is Friday and there are plenty of places to celebrate around town from fun runs to ball drops and fireworks. Check out our list of places to ring in 2022 (at noon or midnight).
Planning to stay in? Here are 5 Ways To Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Home!
Oakland County Parks is offering FREE park admission on Friday for New Year’s Eve too.
If health and wellness make your 2022 goals list, enter to win a FREE family membership to The YMCA in metro Detroit from LittleGuide Detroit – there are 7 convenient locations.
New year means new month. Here are the Top Things To Do With Kids In January.
People often ask us, ‘Have you been there?’ Here’s a list of over 100 places and events we went to in 2021.
Another cool activity to add to your list for 2022 is Troy Gymnastics’ Munchkin Ropes Course – your littles will LOVE it! Use code: LITTLEGUIDEMRC or LITTLEGUIDEIRC for 40% of the High Ropes Course and $5 off the Munchkin Ropes Course through the end of January!
Bundle up and strap on some skates, here are local outdoor ice rinks in metro Detroit. Riley Skate Park in downtown Farmington offers FREE skating AND skate rental.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
- Wayne County Lightfest @ Hines Drive, Westland
- Gift of Lights @ Indian Creek Zoo, Lambertville
- Starry Lights @ The Ford House, Grosse Pointe Shores
- Glenlore Trails: Aurora (Friday – Sunday)
- Magic of Lights @ DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston
- Wild Lights @ Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Lower Huron Metropark (Belleville)
- Innovation Hills (Rochester Hills)
- Gallup Park (Ann Arbor)
- Normandy Oaks (Royal Oak)
- Lakeshore Park (Novi)
- McClumpha Park (Plymouth)
- Kiwanis Park (Southgate)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
- Kidcadia Play Cafe (Dearborn)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (Sterling Heights)
- Rev’d Up Fun (Woodhaven)
- Stemville (Northville)
- Yoyo’s Fun Center (Westland)
- Dinoland (Dearborn Heights)
- Rochester Play (Rochester)
Find more family events on our Event Calendar!
Photo credit: Detroit Zoo
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..