The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
For a more adventure trip, check out the Muskegon Adventure Sports Park and let your littles try the luge track!
Looking for something closer to home? Head to Greenmead Historic Park in Livonia for FREE family fun – ice rink, sledding hill, hiking trails and snowman village.
You’re invited to the Winter Snow Ball at the Friendship Factory in Rochester Hills.
Support small business this weekend. Grab family dinner from Birmingham or Downtown Dearborn Restaurant Week or downtown Detroit. Then stock up on ice cream at home and show support for Royal Oak family favorite Ray’s Ice Cream.
We’re working to get #1000HoursOutside this year and put together a list of 100 Ways To Spend Time Outside This Winter.
Get cozy at home and check out these 20 Ways To Hygge This Winter.
If you’re looking for robotics and coding classes for your kids, here’s a list of places offering virtual and in-person classes for kids.
If you need sleep, enter to win an Over The Moon Sleep Package from local mom and sleep consultant Sasha Croswell!
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
Get tickets to the Monroe Street Drive-In Theatre in downtown Detroit!
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
PLAN A FAMILY FIELD TRIP
- Michigan Science Center (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Institute of Science (Bloomfield Hills)
- Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit)
- Charles H Wright Museum of African American History (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Art Museum (Bloomfield Hills)
Need a night off this weekend? Make it a pizza night and enter to win FREE pizza for a year from Hungry Howie’s for you AND a friend from LittleGuide Detroit!
Photo credit: Snow Trails
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..