The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
When you’re in Detroit don’t skip the African Bead Museum – there’s a selection of jewelry from across the continent, beads for DIY and outdoor art installations for any time.
We’re working to get #1000HoursOutside this year and put together a list of 100 Ways To Spend Time Outside This Winter.
Sign up for some structured fun outside:
- Stargazing @ Stage Nature Center (Troy)
- Young Explorer’s @ Hudson Mills Activity Center (Dexter)
- Family Snow Shoeing 101 @ Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve (Rochester Hills)
- Learn To Skate @ Bear Creek Nature Park (Rochester)
- Nature Makerspace @ Heritage Park (Farmington Hills)
- Fireside Youth Meditation Workshop @Valade Park (Detroit)
- Snowshoe Treasure Hunt @ Howell Nature Center (Howell)
Take a stroll along a storywalk! Storybook Walking Trails In Metro Detroit This Winter
Go to the Dexter Ice Festival
And you can always find winter fun at Blake’s Farm and we’re giving away a Family Day including ice skate passes, cider and donuts!
Need to get away? Head to Grand Rapids to experience the World of Winter Festival.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
PLAN A FAMILY FIELD TRIP
- Michigan Science Center (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Institute of Science (Bloomfield Hills)
- Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit)
- Charles H Wright Museum of African American History (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Art Museum (Bloomfield Hills)
Need a night off this weekend? Make it a pizza night and enter to win FREE pizza for a year from Hungry Howie’s for you AND a friend from LittleGuide Detroit!
Photo credit: Grand Rapids
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..