Looking for inspiration + ideas for things to do with kids in Metro Detroit? Tried and true suggestions that real…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN do this weekend.
If the first full weekend of Winter Park at Bower Farms and we can’t wait to go GLOW tubing! Want more snow tubing options (and maybe an excuse for a winter getaway)? Here’s where to go snow tubing in Michigan.
Head to a winter festival this weekend:
- Downtown Rochester Snowglow
- Aqua Freeze in St. Clair Shores
- Tecumseh’s Ice Sculpture Festival
- Fire & Ice Festival @ Valade Park
We’re working on the #1000HoursOutside challenge and put together a list of 100 winter activities you can try.
One place you definitely want to visit is Heritage Park in Farmington Hills. There’s a playground, Children’s Discovery Trail with forts, new storybook walk and the trails are covered in ice for fun shoe skating!
This week’s #MomLife feature Chantele has written two vegan cook books! Check out her local favorites and make meal time a lot easier by entering to win $100 gift card to Hungry Harvest for you AND a friend!
If health and wellness is on your goals list and getting out the house is on your dreams list, check out the YMCA in Birmingham. They’re offering FREE in-person private Family Fit sessions. You can also enter to win a 3 month family membership to the YMCA and have access to all 7 metro Detroit locations.
MLK Day is Monday. Celebrate the legacy of Dr. King with a family field trip, act of service or at-home activity. 4 Ways To Celebrate MLK Day With Kids
It’s the final weekend for the Detroit Zoo’s Wild Lights.
Did you miss the big announcement? Check out what’s coming to Downtown Detroit this winter!
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
FUN FAMILY NATURE TRAILS
- Leslie Nature Center (Ann Arbor)
- Cranbrook Gardens (Bloomfield Hills)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- International Wildlife Refuge (Trenton)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Beverly Park (Beverly Hills)
- Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
- Booth Park (Birmingham)
- Merriman Hallow (Westland)
- Summit Gardens (Howell)
- Spencer Park (Rochester)
PLAN A FAMILY FIELD TRIP
- Michigan Science Center (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Institute of Science (Bloomfield Hills)
- Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit)
- Charles H Wright Museum of African American History (Detroit)
- Cranbrook Art Museum (Bloomfield Hills)
Need a night off this weekend? Make it a pizza night and enter to win FREE pizza for a year from Hungry Howie’s for you AND a friend from LittleGuide Detroit!
Photo credit: Snow Trails
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..