Santa visits may not be the right call for your family this year but you can still have fun with…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air. And if you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN still do this weekend.
- Find new recipe from our LittleGuide follower’s favorites: Thug Kitchen, Forest Feast, Skinny Taste, Smitten Kitchen, and Damn Delicious.
- Play your favorite family board game or order a new one – here are our favorites.
- Call in bedtime re-enforcement on the Mickey Mouse Hotline – it’s FREE!
- Take a roadtrip to Blake’s Farm. Order food (cider + donuts too of course!) in advance and drive-thru for a car delivery. You can also sign up for their new Farm Share program that starts in May.
- Send your kids on a treasure hunt (at home) – here are more no fuss, no prep ways to keep the kids busy.
- Get creative and ReCreate your favorite piece from the Detroit Institute of Arts collection or do the Book Cover Challenge with your local library.
- Get nostalgic with the TikTok challenge and recreate an old family photo.
- Make Cream Puffs with Guernsey’s vanilla ice cream and Sanders fudge.
- Join a FREE virtual yoga class with Born Yoga on Saturday or Sunday.
- Take in some fresh air and go on a nature walk – here are some local trails.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..