We love a good playground and the one planned for Lower Huron Metropark looks incredible. Lower Huron Metropark will…
We love FREE and the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit! Experience both during the month of April as the iconic community center hosts a variety of health and wellness events for families at all 7 Metro Detroit locations!
The YMCA is celebrating Healthy Kids Days throughout April and families will have the opportunity to learn about the importance of healthy eating, nutrition and physical activity, mental and emotional well-being, and developing healthy habits. Check out any one of the seven YMCAs in April to and find games, snacks, open swim, group exercise, youth class demonstrations and more. Check out the schedule below and start making plans!
- Saturday, April 3 – Easter Egg Hunt
- Saturday April 10 – Family Boot Camp
- Saturday April 17 – Healthy Snacks For Families On The Go
- Saturday April 24 – Family Fun Run
- Saturday April 10 – Kid DJ
- Saturday April 17 – Snacktivity Kits with Recipes
- Saturday April 24 – Day Camp table in the lobby and virtual Camp Open House
- Saturday, April 3 – Easter craft kits
- Saturday April 10 – Scavenger Hunt and STEM kits
- Saturday April 17 – Family Zumba + Facebook Live with Public Safety Heroes
- Saturday April 24 – Snackivity Kits + virtual Camp Open House
- Saturday, April 3 – Family Zumba + Family Cardio Drumming Class
- Saturday April 10 – Healthy Snacks For Families On The Go
- Saturday April 17 – Family Zumba + Family Cardio Drumming Class
- Saturday April 24 – Family Zumba, Family Cardio Drumming Class + Virtual Camp Open House
- Saturday, April 3 – Family Yoga at 10:30am and Kids Yoga at 11:30am
- Saturday April 10 – PT provided Awesome Kids Obstacle course
- Saturday April 17 – Family ZUMBA dance party. Come dressed as your favorite superhero!
- Saturday April 24 – Family Lip Sync Battle with prizes and snacks, virtual Camp Open House
- Sunday April 12 – Fruit with a funny joke on it for kids and families
- Wednesday April 14 – Handing out Grab & Go bundles and suppers
- Wednesday April 21 –SportPort Pop-Up
- Sunday, April 25 – Kids obstacle course in Studio B
- Wednesday April 28 – Arts and Crafts in the lobby with camp information
- Saturday, April 3 – Snacks for families
- Saturday April 10 – SportPort Pop-Up
- Friday April 16 – Snacks for families
- Saturday April 17 – Camp Sampler, parents and kids can experience a shortened day of camp. They will participate in STEM activities, make crafts, games and even have some family time in the pool.
- Saturday April 24 – Meals for families to take home and prepare together.
Enter to win a FREE week of summer camp at The YMCA location of your choice for your child from LittleGuide Detroit – winner will be notified on April 26th!
Photo credit: The YMCA
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..