We love a good playground and the one planned for Lower Huron Metropark looks incredible. Lower Huron Metropark will…
The school year looks different this semester but your kids don’t have to miss out on field trips! Plan an educational and FUN outing for your family this fall.
Science + Nature
Whether it’s S.T.E.A.M or natural sciences the best way to inspire ingenuity and critical thinking skills is through hands-on learning. Let your littles explore a local museum, farm or nature center to learn about the natural and social world.
- Michigan Science Center (Detroit)
- SEA LIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
- Cranbrook Institute of Science (Bloomfield Hills)
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- Farmington Nature Center (Farmington)
- Bowers School Farm (Bloomfield Hills)
- Maybury Farm (Plymouth)
When we know our past we can better understand our present and plan for the future. Take your kids on a journey through time to learn about the people and places that have helped shape us.
- The Henry Ford (Dearborn)
- Charles H Wright Museum of African American History (Detroit)
- Motown Museum (Detroit)
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum (Detroit)
- Dearborn Historical Museum (Dearborn)
Let loose of your imagination and admire the work of great artist and develop your own talents. See art in your community during ‘recess’ and check out an Inside Out Art display in your neighborhood.
- Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit)
- The Parade Company (Detroit)
- The Art Attic (Plymouth)
- Bee’s Knee’s Pottery (Northville)
- Creative Arts Studio (Royal Oak)
- Ganbaru Ninja Gym (Detroit)
- TreeRunner Adventure Park (West Bloomfield)
- DownPup Yoga (Plymouth)
- Born Yoga (Birmingham)
- Agora Arts (Ferndale)
- Modern Skate & Surf (Royal Oak)
Find more destinations, deals and FREE admission when you use the Michigan Activity Pass, available at your local library!
Photo credit: Michigan Science Center
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..