The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check…
Get out into nature and enjoy the beauty of autumn at Stage Nature Center in Troy for trails, classes and popular Halloween events!
Stage Nature Center is one of my families’ favorite places to visit and the large climbing rocks at the front of the front lawn of the building are part of the reason why. If you’re able to convince your kids to leave the rocks, the interpretive building is open to the public and kids can check out the aqua wall with live reptiles and amphibians, an observation beehive, and many other wildlife displays.
My favorite thing about Stage is the Knee-High Naturalist classes for toddlers. It’s structured & educational based and worth the $14. There are other classes too and current schedule is listed below:
- Knee-High Naturalists: Ages 2 to 4
Listen to a nature story, hike, activities, craft and a snack. Cost: $14 per child
- Reptiles : Thursday, September 16 + Friday, September 17
- Colors: Thursday, October 21 + Friday, October 22
- Deer: Thursday, November 18 + Friday, November 19
- Little Acorns: Ages 2 to 4
Let your child explore the sights and sounds of nature through outdoor activities. Cost: $5 per child
Upcoming Dates: Wednesday, September 22 & Saturday, November 13th
- Nature Explorers: Ages 5+
Participate in hands-on, outdoor experiences to investigate different nature-related topics. Cost: $6per person
- Invasive Species: Saturday, September 18
- Creatures of the Night: Saturday, October 23
- Turkeys: Saturday, November 20
- Homeschool & School Enrichment Nature Classes
Engage in a science enrichment class. Cost: $8.50 per person
- Owl Pellets: Tuesday, September 14
- Harvest Time: Wednesday, October 13
- Animal Locomotion: Wednesday, November 10
- Monarch Madness: Saturday, September 11th
- Fall Leaves: Saturday, October 15th
- Trick or Treat Among the Trees: Sunday, October 17th
- Pumpkin Science: Saturday, October 23rd
If you simply want to stop by to climb rocks or walk the 2 mile unpaved trail it is free and open to the public daily.
Address: 6685 Coolidge Hwy Troy, MI 48098
Hours: Tuesday – Friday: 9 am – 3 pm + Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
Photo credit: Patrica O’Blenes
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.