The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
For the days you didn’t plan to be home with the kiddos and feel like making the most of it – here are our favorite Snow Day activities in Metro Detroit!
Bundle up, grab the flexible flyers and wear the kids out on the snowy hills of metro Detroit. Find a complete guide here and check out our favorites below:
- Booth Park Sled Hill (Birmingham)
- Detroit Riverfront (Detroit)
- Kensington Metropark (Milford)
- Bloomer Park Sled Hill (Rochester)
- Hines Drive Sledding Hill (Westland)
‘Relax’ at an Indoor Playground
Get a coffee or a smoothie and let the kids have fun while you relax and chat with other parents.
- Stemville (Northville)
- Kidcadia (Dearborn)
- Peppa Pig World of Play (Auburn Hills)
- Fort Clarkston (Clarkston)
- Tiny Town Play Lounge (Livonia)
- Rochester Play (Rochester)
Get On The Ice
Strap on some skates and get ready for the 2022 Olympics at a local ice arena. We have a full list of rinks here, with highlights below.
- Suburban Ice (multiple locations)
- Dearborn Ice Skating Center
- Birmingham Ice Arena
- Farmington Hills Ice Arena
- Southgate Civic Ice Arena
Enjoy Nature – Inside & Out
Nature Centers offer the best of both world – lessons about the great outdoors while you’re protected from the elements outside. If you’re brave, there’s also beautiful scenes to explore outside too!
- Belle Isle Nature Center (Detroit)
- Farmington Hills Nature Center (Farmington Hills)
- Howell Nature Center (Howell)
- Nankin Mills Interpretive Center (Westland)
- Outdoor Adventure Center (Detroit)
- Stony Creek Nature Center (Shelby Township)
Visit A Museum
Learn something new and have hands-on fun at a local museum.
- Michigan Science Center
- Detroit Historical Museum
- The Henry Ford
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Cranbrook Institute of Science
Don’t worry about making a mess at home and head out for some arts and crafts. Drop in to a local art shop for pottery, painting and more. The DIA has FREE drop-in workshop hours Friday-Sunday so you can see art and create your own to take home!
- Wonderworks Pottery and Art Studio (Birmingham)
- Creative Arts Studio (Royal Oak)
- Creatopia (Plymouth)
- The Bee’s Knees Pottery Studio (Northville)
- Pottery Creations (Wyandotte)
Bring Back Summer
If the snowy weather isn’t for you, find an indoor pool with water slides, splash pads and whirlpools.
- Troy Community Center
- Canton Aquatic Center
- Macomb Township Aquatics Center
- Livonia Recreation Center
- Dearborn Ford Center
- HYPE Athletics Community
- Warren Community Center
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..