School's out for MLK Day and if you're looking for places to go, here's a list of what's open around…
Shop local this holiday season and support the businesses in our community. From stocking stuffers and holiday outfits to books and toys – skip Target and Amazon and spend your money where your family is. To help, we’re giving away a $100 VISA gift card to one lucky LittleGuide Detroit follower.
You can find the toys on their gift list and really awesome things they’ve never dreamed of at local toy stores.
- Adventures in Toys (Birmingham)
- City Bird (Detroit)
- Genuine Toy Co (Plymouth)
- Learning Express (Ann Arbor)
- Modern Natural Baby (Ferndale)
- Mudpuddles (Ann Arbor)
- Palumba (Plymouth)
- Robot Garage (Birmingham + Rochester)
- The Rocket (Ferndale)
- Throne of Toys (Canton)
- Toy Box (Utica)
- Toyology (Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak & West Bloomfield)
- Vault of Midnight (Ann Arbor & Detroit)
Find classic holiday books for bedtime and stories to last all year long at a local bookshop.
- Carol’s Paperbacks Plus (Waterford)
- Detroit Book City (Southfield)
- Literati Bookstore (Ann Arbor)
- Pages Bookshop (Detroit)
Whether you need an outfit for a special celebration or funky tees, you can find something fun and chic at these kids boutiques.
- Lil Rascals (Birmingham)
- Little High Flyers (Detroit)
- My Urban Toddler (Ann Arbor)
- Petite Cabane (Birmingham)
- Pure Detroit (Detroit)
- Beautiful Beginnings Baby Boutique (Southfield)
Photo credit: Facebook
About Kerry Doman
Kerry Doman is the founder and CEO of LittleGuide Detroit and After 5 Detroit. She has lived downtown Detroit for 10+ years and still calls the city home with her husband and son. As a relatively new mom, she’s excited to explore downtown with her family and hopes you’ll enjoy doing the same!