Change up the weekend routine and have fun in this sun this spring with an impromptu family getaway. Grand…
President’s Day is February 21st and the kids are out of school. Take a trip downtown to make presidential history more fun with a game of Eye Spy. You can find presidential markers around the city and here’s your guide to find them.
- George Washington Statue @ Mariner’s Church near Hart Plaza: 170 E Jefferson Ave
- Abraham Lincoln Bust @ UAW-Ford National Programs Center in Hart Plaza:151 W Jefferson Ave
- Ulysses Grant House @ Eastern Market: 1850 Erskine St
- Lincoln & Grant engraving @ Michigan Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument: Campus Martius
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Picture @ Detroit Historical Museum: 5401 Woodward Ave
- John F. Kennedy Picture @ Detroit Historical Museum: 5401 Woodward Ave
- Abraham Lincoln Statue @ The Skillman Library: 121 Gratiot Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
The Detroit Institute of Arts has several presidential pieces in its collection. Take a tour through the museum and see how many you can find! Admission to the DIA is FREE for residents of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
Head next door to The Wright Museum of African American History and you’ll spot Barack Obama in the welcome video to the And Still We Rise Exhibit and you’ll spot several presidents pictured in the Voting Exhibit.
Looking for a place to eat? You can find Barack Obama’s picture at Jolly Pumpkin – and delicious pizza!
President Gerald Ford was from Grand Rapids and if you’re up for a road trip, pay a visit to the Ford Presidential Library.
Photo credit: Al R
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..