If you're looking for FREE family fun this summer, head to Normandy Oaks in Royal Oak! The park features a…
If you’re looking for FREE family fun this summer, head to Normandy Oaks in Royal Oak! The park features a new playground and splashpad that kids of all ages will love.
Normandy Oaks is a can’t miss for metro Detroit families. The brand new 40-acre park in Royal Oak, features a splash pad, pavilion, restrooms, soccer fields, sledding hill, paved and natural surface trails and a playground that’s perfect for kids who love to climb. It’s the perfect place to play with easy parking and it’s all FREE! Normandy Oaks is open daily from 9am to 9pm.
Normandy Oaks // 4234 Delemere Blvd, Royal Oak, MI 48073
If you’re looking for more fun, the city of Royal Oak has nearly 50 parks and playgrounds to explore. Below you’ll find our top picks.
- Starr Jaycee Park – 1321 W 13 Mile Rd
- Enjoy a FREE mini train ride from Great Lake Live Steamers one weekend a month from May to October.
- Kenwood Park – 1998 Forest Ave
- The American Gladiator themed playground is great for kids who want a challenge. There is also a sandbox.
- Lawson Park – 1300 Longfellow Ave
- Playground installed in 2022 and features a 3-stories tall and the slide is fast
- Sullivan Park – 4462 Samoset Rd
- Perfect for littles of all ages, the playground features a zip line, twister merri-go-round, climbing ropes, circular spinners and creative play equipment.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..