Looking for daily inspiration and ideas for things to do with kids this week? From at-home family fun, to…
Get ready to make a splash on the Detroit Riverfront – Mt. Elliott Park is re-open!
We have all missed the FREE Great Lakes schooner-themed water feature at Mt. Elliott Park on the Detroit Riverfront and after a two-year hiatus, it’s finally re-open to the public.
The walk-up splash pad features water cascades and “kid activated” water cannons, wind chimes and many other interactive features right along the Riverfront. Seating and a covered pavilion is available to parents who want to sit on the sideline. There are also restrooms on-site.
The splash pad is open daily from 10am to 7pm.
Mt. Elliott Park // 110 Mt. Elliott Street Detroit, MI48207
We love FREE! Here are other FREE splash pads in metro Detroit:
- Riverside Park Splash Pad (Auburn Hills)
- Oxford Park (Berkley)
- Heritage Park Splash Playground (Canton)
- Mt. Elliot Splash Park (Detroit)
- Palmer Park Splash Pad (Detroit)
- Dearborn Splash Pads
- Lyle C. VanHouten Spray Park (Dearborn Heights)
- Heritage Park Splash Pad (Farmington Hills)
- Handy Park Splash Pad (Redford)
- Emmons Plaza (Rochester Hills)
- Normandy Oaks Splash Pad (Royal Oak)
- Fountain at City Square (Warren)
- Civic Center Park (Woodhaven)
Photo credit: Doug Coombe
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.