Venues are open and events are happening. Head out the house with your family, have some fun and keep following…
Do you need ideas for activities to do with kids? Tried and true suggestions that real moms actually do? Here they are! We’re asking families to share their favorites, to help you find yours.
Are you following @heychrishinda on Instagram? She’s a Detroit mom of two adorable boys and the blogger behind HeyChrishinda. Be sure to check out her YouTube channel which is full of parenting tips + hair care styles and inspiration.
Hi, I’m Chrishinda! I’m so grateful to be a part of the #MomLife series with LittleGuide Detroit. I am a stay at home mom to two tiny humans, 3 and 1. My husband and I met 7 years ago and have been married for the last 6. Most days I enjoy being a homebody, but family time outside of the house is a must. The boys love to go to new places, so I’m always looking up things for them to do. I was raised in metro Detroit and now that I actually live in the city, I can’t wait to see what we’ll discover. On my blog HeyChrishinda, I share protective styles, my favorite things, both motherhood and non motherhood related, and pictures of me & my family.
Favorite Ways To Spend Family Time:
- Going on family walks or riding bikes
- Watching a random movie or series over dinner
- Grabbing a milkshake from Cold Stone Creamery – Sweet cream with Oreos for the parents and strawberry for the boys!
Favorite Places To Go:
- YoYo’s Fun Center
- Splash ‘n’ Blast at Kensington Metropark
- SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas: Make sure you use enough oil to brown the tortillas!
- Blueberry Eggo Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches: 2 waffles with syrup and an overhard egg in the middle. Make sure you bake the waffles with butter and flip them over after a few minutes.
- One Pot Cajun Pasta: Use Slap Ya Mama’s Cajun Seasoning (A tablespoon packs a slight kick, but if you use ¾ of a tablespoon, that’s the perfect amount of seasoning, especially if you’re not a fan of hot stuff like me. But really, I use this seasoning from my eggs to my turkey burgers…it’s great!)
Your Mom Must Have: A Toddler Urinal
It helps my 1 year old handle his business on his own and you can get them for as little as $9 on Amazon.
Best Park/Playground: Scarlet’s Playground (Commerce)
It just opened this summer so we haven’t visited yet, but the playground looks AMAZING and we will definitely be taking the boys very soon!
“Pat Yourself on the Back” Accomplishment:
We bought our first family home in 2019!
Photo credit: Hey Chrishinda
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.