Get kids excited about helping in the kitchen with these fun tips and easy recipes even the tiniest chef can…
If you need a change of scenery and some fresh air, the Huron-Clinton Metroparks offer the perfect escape for the family to enjoy. For the duration of the crisis, programming, playgrounds, and buildings are closed (this includes restrooms), but park admission is FREE on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays thru April 2nd. You can also access and invite FREE online programming at any time.
Hit the trails, go for a bike ride, sit by a lake and take in the great outdoors at one of 13 Metroparks in southeast Michigan.
- Delhi Metropark – Ann Arbor (Washtenaw County)
- Dexter-Huron Metropark – Dexter (Washtenaw County)
- Hudson Mills Metropark – Dexter (Washtenaw County)
- Huron Meadows Metropark – Brighton (Livingston County)
- Indian Springs Metropark – White Lake (Oakland County)
- Kensington Metropark – Milford (Oakland County)
- Lake Erie Metropark – Brownstown (Wayne County)
- Lake St. Clair Metropark – Harrison Township (Clare County)
- Lower Huron Metropark – Belleville (Wayne County)
- Oakwoods Metropark – New Boston (Wayne County)
- Stony Creek Metropark – Shelby Township (Macomb County)
- Willow Metropark Pool – New Boston (Wayne County)
- Wolcott Mill Metropark – Ray (Macomb County)
Not ready for a road trip? Experience the Metroparks from home! The Huron-Clinton Metroparks are providing weekly worksheets, activities and videos online to help families experience nature from home. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Create a Leaf Man – Find the perfect leaf for your puppet
- Ice Ice Baby – Roll the dice and see how you have to melt an ice cube
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt – See what you can find outside
- Turtle Tales – Make a paper-plate Turtle, sing a song and tell a story
- Sit Down For Storytime – Learn about nature with an interactive 10 minute storytime session (new ‘shows’ published weekly)
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..