Summer is here and so are festivals and fairs! Find rides, visit with animals, shop the markets and stay up…
Looking for inspiration + ideas for things to do with kids in Metro Detroit? Tried and true suggestions that real moms actually do? Here they are! Hungry Howie’s appreciates Moms and joins LittleGuide Detroit in spotlighting a local Mom each week in the #MomLife series. To celebrate Mother’s Day we are pulled together ALL of our Mom features for the ultimate, family activity guide.
Favorite #MomLife Destinations
Food Blogger, Princess Pinky Girl recommends taking a trip to new heights at the treetop adventure park.
Scarlet’s Playground is a favorite of Chrishinda + Lexus. Wande loves the playground, petting zoo & playground at Heritage Park in Taylor. And Ebony + Monifah love Heritage Park in Farmington Hills. Raven + Zena loves Booth Park in Birmingham. Hess-Hathaway playground and farm are winners for Dr. Kat
Fun At-Home Ideas for Kids
- Bree makes fun sensory kits + take home art activities along with holds family-friendly events at her farm.
- Meaghan of Little Bee Book Club shares fun books + activity ideas for littles.
- Ginny founded #1000HoursOutside and will inspire your family to get outside to explore the great outdoors.
- Katie owns TinkerTots Boxes – our favorite subscription box full of hands on learning for kids!
Stop In To Say Hi + Support Mom Owned Businesses
- Krista is the owner of Detroit Parent Collective – a Detroit co-working/child care center.
- Corina owns our favorite kids boutique store, Little High Flyers.
- Julie is the creator and owner of Sweet Mitten Dreams which creates play tent party packages.
- Rani is a local baker and owns Sugar Shack Baking & creates beautiful custom cookies.
Mom Must Haves that Make the Perfect Mother’s Day Gifts
- Give mom the gift of fitness + “me-time” with a membership to The Barre Code, co-owned by Lindsay.
- Rachel G. loves her stylish Gathre mats for at home + on the go.
- Take one thing off mom’s plate and head to our favorite Detroit restaurant Grey Ghost, co-owned by local mom Jill.
- For the new mom in your life, Kristin recommends a Happy Baby Carrier while Rachel recommends the Miss Fong Diaper Backpack!
- Bundled is owned by local moms Courtney + Chelsea and has an entire selection of locally curated Mother’s Day gift bundles.
- Give the gift of art with a Brooklyn Lamb piece of artwork from local artist + mom, Brooklyn.
- Treat mom to an at-home brunch from Estella’s Vegan Cuisine owned by local mom, Chantele.
- Give the gift of style + comfort from Sugar Girl clothing created + owned by Chanelle.
Our #MomLife Series is Presented by Hungry Howie’s – the Official Pizza of Moms!
Photo credit: County Farm Park
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.