Learn, play and have fun at the Michigan Science Center in Midtown, Detroit!
We’ve been bringing our boys to the Michigan Science Center since they were babies. The hands-on museum is great for all ages starting with little ones who can’t do much more than stand. Kids Town offers kids up to age 5 a chance to get their hands wet in water, have fun in a ball pit, learn about health at the new grocery store and more!
It won’t take long before their curiosity grows and they want to play AND learn about engineering, motion and space! When you need a rest, grab a seat in the Planetarium or 4D Theater to experience the solar system and extreme weather.
What You Need To Know:
- The museum is closed on Mondays.
- The Michigan Science Center is next door to the Charles H. Wright Museum and across the street from the Detroit Institute of Arts and the Detroit Historical Museum in Midtown Detroit.
Start Making Plans
- Ages: All ages! From Kids Town (up to age 5) to live shows on the Science Stage, there is something for everyone and all ages.
- Cost: General admission – Adults ($14); Youth ages 2-12 ($11) and children 2 and under free. Additional costs for the Dassault Systèmes Planetarium Show OR Toyota Engineering 4D Theater
- Parking: Free parking at the Michigan Science Center Lot (5124 John R St) on weekdays. Pay to park in the secured surface lot on John R. for $7 or download the Park Detroit app and park on the street (try Farnsworth or Kirby) for $1 an hour.
- Time: Plan to be there for at least an hour
I love getting out of my house and saving money – museum memberships are the best way to do both! Having a MiSci membership makes stopping by the museum an easy choice. We can go when it’s convenient and stay for as long or as little as we want without thinking about the money spent. A single visit to the museum for our family would cost $39 – an annual membership is $69.99! When we visit twice we save $8 and with long Michigan winters, rainy days and afternoons downtown, we always end up visiting several times a year.
We ❤️ FREE! The Michigan Science Center is offering FREE admission all summer long (ends August 17th; museum is closed on Mondays).
Have questions? Send me an email at email@example.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..