I dove in and tested out the waters (puns intended) at last month’s Family Night Out event at Goldfish Swim School. You don’t have to be an existing member to enjoy their Friday nights in 90 degree temperatures and splashing fun for just $15 for the whole family – here are the things to know before you go!
Goldfish Swim School has multiple locations across metro Detroit and almost every month they offer a Family Night Out, inviting families to come in for a couple of hours to enjoy the pool and water toys (including floaties for little ones and riding toys for big ones). The pool area temperature is set to 90 degrees and the water matches, making it a nice tropical escape during the chilly winter months.
Don’t love the water? No problem! There are plenty of life guards on duty so if your child is 4 feet tall, can swim, or wears a life jacket you can sit back and watch from the sidelines.
What You Need:
- Swimsuit or clothes to wear when you leave
- Swim diapers if your little isn’t potty trained
- Plastic Bag for damp clothes
What You Don’t Need:
- Locks – There are open cubicles for shoes and belongings, you can also bring them to the pool area with you
- Hair dryers – There are hair drying stations surrounding the cabana style changing area AND a speed dryer for your suits so they aren’t soaking wet on your way home.
Start Making Plans
Ages: All ages! There were young babies in the water with parents and teens playing with their siblings.
Cost: $5 per person or $15 per family
Time: The 90 minute sessions is enough time to have fun and not feel overwhelmed
January 11th @ 6:30pm to 8pm
January 21st @ 12pm to 2pm
Febuary 15th @ 6:30pm to 8pm
March 15th @ 6:30pm to 8pm
Have questions? Send me an email at email@example.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..