The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
Families from near and far will be in downtown Detroit Wednesday, April 25th – 28th for the FIRST Championship global robotics competition. From food trucks, to giant Jenga, arcade games and giveaways – participants and spectators of all ages are invited to join in on the fun!
There will be a lot of people downtown for the competition, get help finding a place to park here.
April 20th – 29th // 10am to 10pm
Detroit’s newest outdoor park has games for the whole family. Put away the phones and play giant Jenga or Connect 5, toss some bean bags in a game of cornhole, and toss a Frisbee. Work on your swing with coquet or LED Putt-Putt. Food trucks will be on-site
- Tuesday, April 24th, 11am to 2pm – Jump in an inflatable boxing ring for the Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em battle (all ages welcome)
- Wednesday, April 25th, 11am to 2pm – Bumper Bubble Soccer (ages 12+)
- Thursday, April 26th, 11am to 2pm – Jump in an inflatable boxing ring for the Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em battle (all ages welcome)
- Thursday, April 26th, 6pm to 9pm – Ultimate Frisbee & Dodgeball Battle (all ages welcome)
- Friday, April 27th, 6pm to 9pm – Board Games and Trivia Night (all ages welcome)
April 24th – 27th
Listen to live music from students at the Detroit Institute of Music Education and experience Augmented Reality by Mindfield. Eat at a food truck or get some all-American burgers, fries and malts at Lovers Only, Detroit’s new burger bar.
Grand Circus Park
April 26th + April 28th // 11am to 9pm
Friday April 27th // 11am to 2pm
Detroit is a larger than life city and so are the games! Try life-size foosball, battlebot challenge, bumper bubble soccer and more! A QLine stop is in the park and a People Mover stop is across the street at the David C. Whitney Building, hop on a ‘train’ and a ride around the Motor City.
Spirit of Detroit Plaza
April 24th – 28th // 11am to 2pm
Take a selfie with the Spirit of Detroit, dance with D-TRON, play lawn games and pick a prize from the Ally Prize Tent. Don’t miss a chance to see the Riverfront – cross Jefferson Avenue, explore Hart Plaza and take a minute and wave to our neighbors in Canada. If you have time, stop inside the Renaissance Center to get an insider view of Detroit’s iconic skyscraper.
April 24th – 28th
Go dancing in the street and get excited about STEM with hands-on fun. Learn and play with educational activities (11am to 2pm) and giant lawn games. Try a sweet treat from Dr Nitro’s Mad Science Show and Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Sundae Social! Check out a live demonstration at 12pm and 1pm on both Friday and Saturday.
- Friday, April 27th, 11am to 2pm – Dr. Nitro’s Dessert Lab (all ages welcome)
- Saturday, April 28th, 12pm to 1pm – Dr. Nitro’s Dessert Lab (all ages welcome)
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..