These are trying times and Troy Gymnastics wants to help. The popular play place just launched a Virtual Learning Support…
Bundle up the kiddos and head downtown because the annual Detroit Tree Lighting Ceremony at Campus Martius is Friday, November 17th @ 8pm.
The Christmas season kicks-off at Campus Martius on November 17th and downtown will be buzzing with activity from 5pm to midnight. Here’s what you need to know about the holiday celebration.
FESTIVITIES SCHEDULE – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH:
- 5 P.M. – Family fun festivities kick off Downtown in Campus Martius Park and the lineup includes horse-drawn carriage rides, cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, photos with Santa and more inside of the Warming Tent and The Salvation Army Family Fun Tent.
- 6:30 P.M. – The Salvation Army lights the famous giant Red Kettle.
- 7 P.M. – Entertainment portion of the evening begins, including live music, skating performances and more!
- 8 P.M. – Detroit’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony — wrapped in more than 19,000 energy-efficient, multi-colored LED lights provided by DTE Energy, and decorated with sparkling red and silver ornaments
- 9 P.M. – Rink opens to public + Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas perform @ Campus Martius
- 10 P.M. – Channel 95.5 Live Music Mix
- KEM, Grammy nominated and internationally renowned R&B and Motown star
- Metropolitan Detroit Chorale
- Detroit Concert Choir
- Casali Holiday Dancers
- Kevin, the 16-year-old vocalist and a Make-A-Wish Michigan Wish Kid
ON THE RINK :
- Jeremy Abbott, U.S. Olympic medalist and four-time U.S. Figure Skating Champion
- Detroit Skating Club
- University of Michigan Skating Club
Following the excitement, Channel 955 will host The Rink Opening Party, and the public will be able to dust off their skates or rent a pair from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Admission for the rink is as follows:
- Adults, $8
- Children (12 & under), $7
- Seniors (50 & older), $7
- *skate rentals $3
More Holiday Fun
CARRIAGE RIDES: See the city’s sights and sounds from a horse drawn carriage.
DETROIT HOLIDAY MARKETS: Find the perfect present at 1001 Woodward, Capitol Park, and Cadillac Square, we’ve got the vendor line-up here.
CHRISTMAS TREES AT CAPITOL PARK: There’s a fresh cut tree ready and waiting for you to take home for the holiday.
BEACON PARK : Beacon Park is throwing a holiday party with FREE shuttles between Beacon Park and Campus Martius Park the entire evening!
- Free shuttles between Beacon Park and Campus Martius Park running every 15 minutes between 4:30 p.m. and midnight.
- Two live shows by Detroit’s Queen of Blues Thornetta Davis at 9 P.M. and 10 P.M.
- Spectacular interactive light installations by Quartier des spectacles, Montréal making their U.S. debut!
- A live stream of the Detroit’s Tree Lighting Ceremony inside the heated Winter Lodge tent
- Craft beer, wine, spirits and food will be available for purchase
- Fire pits and selfies with Santa
Photo credit: Bedrock
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..