It's March again. It's been a long 12 months but we're ready for the return of traditional favorites and the…
Soak up the sun and get soaked at one of the pools, waterparks or splashpads at Huron-Clinton Metroparks! Enter to win a daily pass to the parks AND 4 tickets to the water parks!
We have less than a month left for outdoor pool season and we’re ready to make the most of it! Plan a visit to Huron-Clinton Metroparks to sit by the pool, run through the splash pad or float along the lazy river. Check out the features at each park below:
- Indian Springs Metropark Spray ‘n’ Play – White Lake, MI
- Get soaked by ground sprays, water cannons, and a dumping bucket. The spray park is located adjacent to other play features including a rock-climbing wall, cargo net, a fenced maze, a painted labyrinth, spinning buckets, and a hillside slide.
- Kensington Metropark Splash ‘n’ Blast – Milford, MI
- Coast down two, 240-foot twisted water slides or romp through the spray ground with palm trees, serpents and cannons that spray water.
- Lake Erie Metropark Great Wave Pool – Brownstown, MI
- Hold steady and practice your balance against three-foot waves for hours of fun at the “Great Wave” action pool. Children will enjoy the new spray area with ground sprays and dumping water features. Rafts are included in entry fee on a first come first served basis.
- Lake St. Clair Metropark Spray Pad & Swimming Pool – Harrison Township, MI
- A 50-meter swimming pool features two water slides and areas for swimming. The waterslides have 120-foot-long flumes with a 17-foot vertical drop. There is also an inflatable obstacle course and climbing walls.
- Lower Huron Metropark Turtle Cove Family Aquatic Center – Belleville, MI
- Zip down two waterslides, drift along a lazy river, get soaked under the 300-gallon dumping bucket, and wade into the zero-depth entry pool with lap lanes.
- Stony Creek Metropark Trippo Water Slide – Shelby Township, MI
- The Trippo Water Slide has arrived and it’s MASSIVE! 50 feet high – 245 feet long!
- Willow Metropark Pool – New Boston, MI
- Glide down the family waterslide, play a game of water basketball, enjoy the spray featured, or just soak in the zero depth pool while your kids run through the water.
Hold on to every second of summer and make it a late night at the Metropark. There are three outdoor movie sessions in August with special activities that begin at 6pm and include a sensory-friendly area for a break from the noise and activity.
Dumbo @ Willow Metropark – Saturday, August 10
Join us for an evening of carnival games, bounce houses, face painting, Rosco the Clown, and music, followed by a showing of the Dumbo movie. The pool will be open until 8 p.m. and can be enjoyed for the regular fee.
A Dog’s Journey @ Kensington Metropark – Saturday, August 17
Grab your family, friends and Man’s Best Friend for a dog-friendly movie in the park. Join us for an evening of music, bounce houses, face painting, White Collar Canine demonstrations, and a meet and greet with Officer Parks (Metroparks K9 officer in training).
How To Train Your Dragon 3 @ Stony Creek Metropark – Saturday, August 24
Spend the evening at Eastwood Beach enjoying music, bounce houses, face painting, and medieval costumed characters for photo opportunities. The Trippo Slide will be open until 8 p.m. for the regular fee.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..