The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
Get ready for your kids to have the #BestSummerEver at The Y’s Summer Camp! Enter to win a FREE week at any one of the 9 metro Detroit camp locations!
At Y Summer Day Camp, kids make new friends, accomplish goals and learn new skills, and experience belonging in a way that only the Y can provide. Camp enrollment opens March 1st and the earlier you enroll the more you save. The registration fee is waived in March and you will receive a $20 per day discount on camp. Y Members save an additional $40 per day. Financial assistance may be provided to eligible families, based upon need and available donor support.
Looking for overnight adventures? The Y’s Camp Nissokone (Oscoda) and Camp Ohiyesa (Holly) offer over night camp for kids ages 4 to 16. For over 100 years, kids have had a chance to develop confidence and experience independence of sleepaway camp with their friends.
Whether you chose day camp or sleepaway camp, The Y’s summer camp programs offer the following:
- Arts & Humanities: Endless opportunities abound for campers to discover their creative side.
- Outdoor Education: Nature-related and activities guide campers to a greater respect for themselves, each other, and the world around them.
- Financial Literacy: Campers engage in our activity-based financial literacy curriculum to teach basic saving, planning and money management skills.
- Character Development: Activities that focus on the Y’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Group Games & Songs: Group games challenge campers to learn skills centered on teamwork, communication, problem solving, and creative thinking.
- CATCH Activities: Kids have fun while they learn how to identify healthy foods and increase the amount of physical activity they engage in each day at camp.
- Literacy: From independent reading, to Dr. Seuss, to vocabulary charades and goofy skits, we find ways to keep literacy a part of everyday life at camp.
- STEM Activities: Engaging experiments, challenges, and competitions that encourage campers to wrap their brains around some of those big science, technology, engineering and math concepts.
Enter to win a FREE week of day camp at The YMCA location of your choice.
Photo credit: Source
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..