Halloween season is here and it's time to put on some costumes and have some fun! Here are the Halloween…
The Cranbrook Institute of Science is open and the perfect destination for your fall field trip. Have fun on us and enter to win 4 tickets to the museum.
The bell curve of dinosaur knowledge peaks in childhood and parenthood. Consequently, when you’re greeted by Steggy on the museum’s grounds and a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton at the entrance you know it’s going to be a good day. At the Cranbrook Institute of Science you’ll learn about more than dinosaurs, you’ll learn about human history too, geology, physics and about the solar system. When the school year looks different and creativity is a requirement, plan a family field trip to Cranbrook.
The Institute is open Wednesday- Sunday, with the following hours:
- Wednesdays & Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.; and 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.
When you visit the museum you can also explore the Cranbrook Gardens for FREE! The 40-acre gardens will be open to the public daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (including weekends and holidays).
Visitors to the Institute are encouraged to pre-register online in advance of their visit but can purchase general admission tickets upon arrival. Maximum capacity at any given time will be limited to 50 guests.The Acheson Planetarium will be closed upon the initial reopening phase and will reopen when it is deemed safe with social distancing guidelines in place.
The following safety measures have been put in place at all locations and are to be followed while indoors:
- All guests aged three and older will be required to wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose for the duration of their visit.
- Children under the age of three will be asked to enjoy the museum from a stroller or carrier.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain six-feet of social distance between themselves and other guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at visitor entrances and high-contact areas.
- In addition to daily cleaning procedures, enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- The museum will be limited to 50 guests at any given time.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..