The Concert of Colors returns for 2022 and, as part of the festivities, the Michigan Science Center is offering FREE…
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Girls on the Run strives to help girls do the following:
- Recognize their power and responsibility to be intentional in decision making
- Embrace differences and find strength in connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for themselves and others
Registration is $150 (when you register before September 12th) and includes sixteen 75-90 minute Girls On The Run sessions, a journal, bag, t-shirt, enrollment in the end of season 5k and a 5k finisher kit. The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit believes in providing membership and program services to all who desire to participate, scholarship opportunities are available.
Sign up for Girls On The Run at one of eight metro Detroit YMCA locations:
- Birmingham Family YMCA (Birmingham)
- Boll Family YMCA (Detroit)
- Carls Family YMCA (Milford)
- Farmington Family YMCA (Farmington)
- Macomb Family YMCA (Mount Clemens)
- Plymouth Family Y (Plymouth)
- South Oakland Family YMCA (Royal Oak)
- Downriver Family YMCA (Southgate)
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..