It's a new year and time to think about MOM. If you've resolved to be a more effective leader in…
The brand NEW splash pad + playground is now open at Oxford Park (formally Merchants Park) in Berkley and it’s the perfect place to cool off this summer with kids.
- FREE + open to the public, 1600 square-foot natural splash pad area with sprayers both small and large (turn on by hitting the button at the entrance to the splash pad).
- Brand new playground with climbing structures, multiple slides, and swings for both babies and older kids.
- Universally designed family restrooms, drinking fountain and water bottle refill station.
- Picnic tables, benches and shaded grassy areas for picnics and relaxing.
- Public parking is located around the perimeter of the park.
- Baseball diamonds, 6 foot wide walkways, and a large grassy area surround the playground.
Nearby Family Destinations
- Visit the new play equipment at Berkley’s Kiwanis Tot Lot
- Ride a train and play at the playground at Starr Jaycee Park in Royal Oak
- Play Miniature Golf at Royal Oak Golf Center
- Grab a bite to eat at family-friendly Vinsetta Garage on Woodward Ave.
- Cool off with a scoop of ice cream at Clark’s Ice Cream on 12 Mile Rd.
Hours: Splash pad open daily, 11 am – 8 pm, Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend
Address: 2100 Bacon Ave. Berkley, MI 48072
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.