These are trying times and Troy Gymnastics wants to help. The popular play place just launched a Virtual Learning Support…
4th of July is midweek and some families will make a day of it and others a week. No matter how much time you are taking to celebrate American Independence, here are some fun and free activities!
Fireworks and the Fourth go together like peanut butter and jelly. Stay up late and watch the sky light up with bright colors during a firework display. Catch a show after the Detroit Tigers game, at the Stars and Stripes Festival or Oakland County Fair, and at Greenfield Villages’ Salute to America.
Splash & Play
Enjoy fun in the sun! Let the kids get wet and go wild in the water…
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- Top 5 Metro Detroit Water Parks
- 5 Beaches the Kids Will Love in Metro Detroit
Go Out for a Sweet Treat
Take a road trip for some farm fresh ice cream and get a taste of what life was like in 1776.
- Cook’s Farm Dairy – 2950 E Seymour Lake Road Ortonville, MI 48462
- Calder’s Dairy Farm – 9334 Finzel Rd, Carleton, MI 48117
- Crooked Creek Farm Dairy – 75960 Brown Rd, Romeo, MI 48065
Read About the Revolution
Get some more check marks on your Summer Reading list and learn about heroes of the revolution with these fun books.
- John, Paul, George and Ben by Lane Smith
- The Journey of the One and Only Declaration of Independence by Judith St. George
- George Washington’s Teeth by Deborah Chandra
- Worst of Friends by Suzanne Tripp Jurmain
- Independent Dames by Laurie Halse Anderson
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..