The Pontiac Skatepark Project is ready to take the Oakland Park skate space to the next level with a state…
Spring is here and so is baseball! The Detroit Tigers 2019 season kicks-off at Comerica Park on April 4th and Kid’s Opening Day is Sunday, April 7th at 1:10pm.
We all have fond memories of long days and late nights at the ballpark cheering, chanting and doing the wave. Whether it was sneaking away for a day game with dad or watching the sky light up with fireworks on a Friday night, game days are special. Keep the tradition going and plan a family trip downtown to watch the Tigers play in Comerica Park!
Here’s everything you need to know about going to root for the home team!
When to Go
Day games: Get out of the house or play hooky at work/summer camp and go to a day game. The crowds aren’t too bad on a week day and you can breath a little easier knowing you might have more elbow room.
Friday Nights: Make the evening a two-for-one event. Watch the Tigers play and enjoy a fireworks show after the game! Friday Night Fireworks start June 7th and run through the end of the season.
Sunday: Every Sunday is Family Day at Comerica Park! Kids 14 and under can ride the carousel and ferris wheel for free! And, after most games, kids are also able get in on the action and run the bases. There’s no additional cost, all you have to do is line up under the scoreboard in left field after the game.
Whenever you plan your trip, don’t miss out on the Carousel located next to Gate A, section 119 (near 1st base) and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel located in the FOX Sports Detroit Brushfire Grill, located behind section 131 (near home palate). Both rides are $2 per person and a lot of fun!
You can also take a tour of Comerica Park on Tuesdays and Fridays from June through September. See the Home Dugout, Batting Tunnel, Detroit Tigers Walk of Fame and more! Cost range from $4 to $6, kids 4 and under are FREE!
Make baseball season more fun and join the Kids Club! For just $20, members get official Tigers gear, buy-one-get-one free ticket deals, exclusive invitations to special events, a birthday card from Paws and much more! You can also participate in special activities on Kids Club Day at Comerica Park on Saturday, July 20, 2018 at 6:10pm.
GIVEAWAY: Detroit Tigers Kids ClubEnter to win a membership to the Detroit Tigers Kids Club. Members get Tigers gear, buy-one-get-one free ticket deals, exclusive invitations to special events, a birthday card from Paws and more!
- Children who are 3 years old or younger and who share a seat with an adult are free.
- Diaper bags must be under 16″x16″x8″ and all bags are inspected.
- Stroller and baby/infant carriers are permitted in the ballpark but can’t obstruct movement for other guests.
- Kids ID Wrist Bands are available to help reunite lost kids with their parent or guardian. The wristbands are available at the Guest Services office location behind sections 130 (near home plate), 210 (end of the 1st base line) and 330 (near home pate).
- A Nursing Lounge is located near the Guest Service kiosk behind Section 210 (end of the 1st base line) if you need privacy.
- Gluten-free food is available throughout the ballpark, items include: French Fries (Food Court Hot Dog only), all sausages and hot dogs (without bun), turkey, pepperoni and cheese, black bean dip and chips, hummus and veggies, and more.
There are numerous parking lots around Comerica Park. Parking facility access is generally two hours before game time. Olympia Development Parking locations are cash only on day games but parking passes can be purchased online in advance. Price ranges from $7 – $25. Learn more about parking at Comerica Park here.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..