The Pontiac Skatepark Project is ready to take the Oakland Park skate space to the next level with a state…
Detroit is known as Hockeytown and being a Wings fan is a requirement. Here’s everything you need to know for a fun family night watching the Detroit Red Wings skate through Little Caesars Arena.
There are 41 home games between October and April and most games start at 7pm. Ticket prices vary based on the game but you can find tickets for as low as $23. You can also get special promotions when you join the Red Wings Kids Club. The $20 membership includes exclusive Red Wings gifts, monthly drawings for prizes, opportunities to see your name on the video board during the game, and special ticket offers.
Every kid dreams of riding the Zamboni during a game. There are limited opportunities to do so, but you can put your name on the wait-list for a chance to be selected.
- Children who are under 2 years old and who share a seat with an adult are free.
- Strollers are NOT permitted in the arena.
- Diaper bags must be under 14″x14″x6″ and all bags are inspected.
- A Mothers Room is located on the street level concourse by PORTAL 20 and includes a sink, microwave, refrigerator and private area with outlets. There is also a family restroom inside. Breast pumps are allowed inside the arena.
- There are multiple family restrooms located throughout the arena.
- Sensory bags with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools and verbal cue cards are available at all games. A quiet area is also available at the Budweiser Biergarten (located between PORTALS 16-18) and the Mother’s Room (located near PORTAL 20).
- Download the District Detroit App for mobile tickets and parking passes, express food pick-up, and arena guides.
There are 32 parking facilities within The District Detroit, all within a 10-minute walk to Little Caesars Arena. You can reserve a parking spot before the game for easy access and to reserve a spot. Parking rates start at $11 for an evening. Most parking facilities open a minimum of three hours before the scheduled event and are open two hours after the conclusion of the event.
Free 20 minute parking for the XFINITY Box Office is available at the Temple West Garage located at 123 Temple Street when you need to purchase tickets or redeem a voucher. Guests are instructed to pull a ticket to enter the garage and park in assigned or any available parking space. Upon exit, insert the parking ticket and the gate arm will automatically raise. Please do note, once the 20 minute grace period has been exceeded, normal rates will apply. Parking will only be valid during XFINITY Box Office hours, excluding event times.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..