It's a new world and esports are a popular pastime for kids and adults. Join a league, plan a party…
Labor Day weekend has finally arrived. Take advantage of the long weekend and squeeze in as much fun as you can because on Tuesday, it’s back to school.
Go to a Festival
See the city from atop of a ferris wheel, eat an elephant ear or two and enjoy the fun and games at a local festival.
- Michigan Renaissance Festival @ Michigan Renaissance Festival Grounds
- Michigan State Fair @ Suburban Collection, Novi
- Romeo Peach Festival @ Downtown Romeo
- Arts, Beats & Eats @ Downtown Royal Oak
- Saline Community Fair @ Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds
Get Wet & Wild
Summer pools and splash parks close after Labor Day weekend so make sure to have plenty of fun in the sun! Our personal favorite is Willow Pool at the Huron-Clinton Metropark.
- 5 Beaches the Kids Will Love in Metro Detroit
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- 5 Waterparks in Metro Detroit
Make Some Memories
Sure you’ll get plenty of crafts in the backpack soon enough, but taking time to express your inner artist is also a great time to express feelings about starting a new school year.
- Creative Art Studios (Royal Oak)
- Creatopia (Plymouth)
- Boho Mini (Detroit)
- Make a Field Goal Game @ Home Depot (multiple locations)
Hit the Road!
School is starting and the holiday season isn’t far behind. Get away for a day or the weekend and have some fun as a family.
- Toledo (1 hour from Detroit)
- Lansing (90 minutes from Detroit)
- Grand Rapids (2.5 hours from Detroit)
Say Cheers to a Great Summer and an Exciting New School Year!
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..